Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Bonus Whoring in NL Hold em

I was wondering how productive this is with a limited bank roll. It seems alot of the time you will be putting your bankroll at risk by doing this because of the higher stakes needed to clear such bonuses. If you have a limited bank roll what are you supposed to do? Just grind it out at first untill your bankroll grows to the point where you could clear bonuses without much risk?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Bonus Whoring in NL Hold em

[ QUOTE ]
It seems alot of the time you will be putting your bankroll at risk by doing this because of the higher stakes needed to clear such bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]
give us an example where this is true? party skins only require a 10c rake ($2+ pot) at $25NL in order to count towards the bonus. this is probably just as good, if not better than 50c/$1 LHE (I tend to play more of the latter because it's less volatile and I'm more experienced in fixed limit, but the bankroll requirement is the same).

the only site which may be harder to clear in micro NL is poker stars, since they require a $20 pot regardless of blind size. almost all the other sites, as long as you hit the minimum rake threshold (usually 25c rake/$5+ pot), they don't really care what game format you are playing.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:27 PM

Yea the poker skins seem to clear at lower limits but other sites such as the prima sites and others do not. I have seen the posts regarding where to start and how to bonuswhore but they seem to all be regarding limit or do not speak of stakes involved.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:42 PM

prima skins should be okay for NL bonuses as well. you generally have to reach average pots of $5 or more (25c+ rake), so realistically the lowest you can play to clear efficiently is 25c/50c blinds. it does depend on the specific Prima site, but at that level you can easily whore most of the major skins, as well as bonuses at Absolute and Paradise, and perhaps UB (though you're dipping below 100% rakeback equivalent at that point).

if you're comfortable playing 25c/50c NL, then whore away at all the sites that have good clearing rates via BW. if you're below that, concentrate on building your bankroll through actual play first, and then move up.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering how productive this is with a limited bank roll. It seems alot of the time you will be putting your bankroll at risk by doing this because of the higher stakes needed to clear such bonuses. If you have a limited bank roll what are you supposed to do? Just grind it out at first untill your bankroll grows to the point where you could clear bonuses without much risk?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're playing small, you NEED to whore. do ALL the party skins, then do ALL the sites that will let you clear at 25NL, then do the prima sites and so forth.

go here www.bonuswhores.com

playing SSNL unsubsidized is stupid and unforgiveable. a smart player playing conservative and being industrious about bonuses should be to 100NL fully rolled in no time.

fim
Old 07-30-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
playing SSNL unsubsidized is stupid and unforgiveable. a smart player playing conservative and being industrious about bonuses should be to 100NL fully rolled in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, perhaps I'm being a nit here, but stupid isn't the same thing as ignorant. Suppose you see some ad for PartyPoker.net (or whomever) on TV, sign up, realize they have this great associated website where you can actually play and win real money! Yippee! Where do I send the check?

Granted, you might argue that with due diligence you should find resources like this forum and learn what you're doing. But if you're new to poker you don't even know that all these possibilities exist. Once you learn they exist and don't use them, well, yes, that's stupid.

(But please don't feel that i'm going to jump all over your word choice every post you make. I have a tendency to be hypercritical without realizing it so i have to be careful about this. I'd regret it if my comment about stupid vs. ignorant discouraged people from posting.)