Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: are any of the sng regulars still in the main event

Go to the MTT forum and read the Sticky.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RAYMER has a very good chance of winning the ME again. Would Raymer winning two times in a row be the biggest feat in poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Back to Back has been done more then once, but not with this kind of field. It would be bad for poker imo. Fish would think it's rigged, people would see how much skill plays a part in poker.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:32 AM

Unless he begins getting some 'dumb luck' on televised hands later on. Wont do much for his reputation, but amongst casual viewers they can basicly look at him and say "if he can get lucky twice, surely i can get lucky once!".

Prolly wont happen. And i dont think anyone could pick a player on the list of those left that can harm poker, its just too big an entity. Besides, most people know there are major league players that are just on another planet (Ivey, Negreanu etc) who they see getting win after win in the WPT.

Sometimes its too easy to underestimate peoples stupidity when it comes to gambling.

Phill
Old 07-12-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RAYMER has a very good chance of winning the ME again. Would Raymer winning two times in a row be the biggest feat in poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a thread about this in the WPT forum. Please don't try to turn this forum into the WPT forum. Discussing SNG posters in the ME was the idea of this thread, and that connects it to this forum. Raymer is certainly vaguely still connected to this forum, but is hardly a "regular." Asking outright a question such as "would this be the biggest feat in poker?" when you know this question has been asked elsewhere, well, the nicest thing I can call it is obnoxious.

citanul