Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Featured Table selections fair or unfair??

I have a grip, man. Don't be a monkey--I'm still tilty from busting out.

My point was that there is nothing totally random about the feature table selections when it comes to filling the seats as they become available. And while your point is obviously valid, your desire to ridicule me seems to have clouded your reasoning.

There were 2000 players remaining when they filled that seat. How many of the remaining players would you say are recognizable in any way whatsoever? You've been in the room, I'm sure--are you telling me that you didn't notice that 99% of the field is cookie cutter logo cap/jersey/sunglasses guys?

For instance, it's pretty cool that Mizrachi and Flack both got there from separate tables. It's...an Unexplained Mystery!!
Old 07-11-2005, 03:34 AM

Didn't mean to pick on you when you were down, but Glen Hughes just seemed like a funny way to try and prove your point (no disrepect to Glen, either).

My point is, there are a ton of poker personalities these days that ESPN would like to show. Just because 2 or 3 of them happen to be at the same table doesn't prove anything is rigged. I mean sure, if Marcel Luske is drawn to be moved to another table, they may move the entire table over to him to make things easier for the ESPN folks, but I'd say that's the extent of the 'rigging'.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:03 PM

With a couple hundred name players in the room, and seat moves / breakups happening all the time, there are bound to be coincidences.