Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 09:56 PM

Default NL50 KK faced with a reraise push post-flop..

Only played about 5 hands with this villain and he seemed kind of weak. I just opened up this hand history and realized I only bet $15 on the turn (about 1/2 pot). I thought I had raised more when I was playing this hand.

I have no read my opponent. Given this, should I fold to his push? I'm getting less than 3 to 1 odds on my money. Would a call be -EV? Would a random opponent make this play with something like AQspades? Or, could he have basically anything because I showed weakness with my flop bet? In this situation, I was pretty sure he had pocket queens or tens. I didn't think he would play deuces or aces like this.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($60.2)
Button ($16.6)
SB ($85.45)
Hero ($73.75)
UTG ($48.65)
MP ($57.4)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $3, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.5</font>, UTG calls $6, CO calls $6.

Flop: ($27.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $39.65 (All-In), CO folds, Hero???
Old 07-08-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: NL50 KK faced with a reraise push post-flop..

Easy call, given the odds you're getting. I could see someone playing AK like this, plus you have to add in the possible donk factor.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:16 PM

This is not an easy call, infact the only reason Id suggest calling is because he has so little behind. Do you honestly put him on AQ/JJ/AT after 6xBB pf raise and calling your reraise and then raising all in on the flop?

You were shown nothing but strength from a person you dont really have a read on, youre playing your cards and youre married to them too if you call here.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:36 PM

1.) Preflop: You can go two ways with this. If you have a read, and you've played hands with this guy, and he'll reraise with hands like AK, AQ, or QQ (which would not be a bad move) and JJ - then you can make it $25-30 to play (and call his inevitable push.)

If you think he's somewhat solid, or don't have a read and are playing cautiously here - a call isn't terrible.

2.)Flop - If you make this call putting him on a range of hands between TT-AA - then this is a flop fold, hands down. I don't know that I'd even lead the flop. AA, QQ, TT all have you dominated.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:51 AM

I don't understand your first note. You're saying that I should reraise him to 25 (another 22$ he'd have to call and like 8x what he bet)? This doesn't seem logical to me at all. It's fairly easy to get away from QQ facing a bet for half your stack preflop. I can't see anyone calling that with anything other than AA or KK. If AK decides to call, he has to figure he's AT BEST going to split it with the raiser (Who would raise that high with anything other than KK, AA or MAYBE AK). Also, if he reraises me another $25-30 on top of my $9, I can get away from my KK (it's not as hard as people think...). My reraise to $9 is a bet that says "I mean business."

I like my preflop play in this hand...