Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Flopped set

$15/$30 live 7 handed....

UTG who plays ok limps. UTG + 2 who is super loose aggressive preflop but tight passive postflop also limps. Cutoff limps, button limps. Small blind who plays very erratically but is always loose completes. I check the BB with 55.

Flop: Qc 4s 5s. Small blind bets out. I raise. UTG cold calls. UTG + 2 cold calls. Folded to small blind who calls.

Turn: 2c. Small blind checks, I bet, UTG calls, UTG + 2 raises. Small blind cold calls. I 3 bet. UTG thinks for a while and mucks. UTG + 2 caps it. Small blind calls, I call.

River: Ac. Small blind checks, I check.....

Comments?
Old 02-08-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Flopped set

interesting hand. i think smoothcalling the flop and waiting until the turn to raise is the better play, but im undecided. i would also check the river.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:30 AM

fast playing is the new slow playing, awesome job on the flop and turn. I guess it's possible for A3 to be out there, but after this much action on the turn, I would be a puss and check the river too.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:10 AM

It's interesting, i would have the guess he had 44 for the lower set. He caps the turn so he can't think he is going to check-raise the river. I would check the river somtimes, but it's tempting to bet after he slows down because i really don't that he wants to get more bets in.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Results....

UTG + 2 checks as well and then I let out a scream. UTG + 2 shows 44, small blind shows busted flush draw and I took it down.