Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 04:05 PM

Default TT against two loose preflop raisers

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $25 / $0.50 BB (9 handed) converter

CO ($27.25)
Button ($5.55)
Hero ($27.8)
BB ($0)
UTG ($54.25)
UTG+1 ($7.5)
MP1 ($12.65)
MP2 ($27.5)
MP3 ($83.95)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $1.

Flop: ($6.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP1 calls $4, MP2 calls $4.

Turn: ($18.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $21.50 (All-In),
Hero???

Some context: both MP1 and MP2 were very aggressive preflop, with PFRs of 17 and 19 respectively. So the initial min-raise from MP1 doesn't mean a whole lot. I wasn't sure how much to make of the min-re-raise from MP2. Is this just a pair of jokers messing around with each other, or has MP2 actually got a strong hand now and looking to be reraised? Even as I called with my TT I was thinking about the principle that a lot of players will raise with junk but reraise with the same quality holdings as you or I.

I'm not very happy with my call preflop: I'm going to be out of position and may get myself into serious trouble here. Anyone want to suggest that this was a raise or fold point for me? Or just a straightforward fold?

The flop came paired but all low cards, and I thought that if I am going to call with TT, then I need to bet this. But looking back at it, $4 was probably too weak, and it should have been a full pot bet if anything.

On the turn I'm very concerned that they both called, but was probably very foolish in betting $8 because this shows just how scared I am. So MP2, the original re-reraiser, might be pulling a fast one with overcards here. Or alternatively, he had the goods all along?

I've stopped the action at the turn to see whether people vote to fold or to call this guy down for my last $13. (His postflop aggression factor was 2.5 if that helps.)

However, I'd be happy to take suggestions about my actions at any point in the hand. Looking back at it I am thinking that it might have been best to take the original min-re-raise as a possible monster and just leave it for another day.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Re: TT against two loose preflop raisers

OK guys, so maybe you're punishing me for the other hand I posted where I tried to pretend I was considering folding a set at NL$25. But this one is a tough, possibly interesting decision isn't it? Or if it's obvious and I'm being a bit thick, let me know, I can take it.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: TT against two loose preflop raisers

Min raises don't mean much, but you are playing pocket tens against two preflop raisers out of position. If you don't hit your set, you are done with the hand.