Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-22-2005, 11:23 AM

Default JT line check from SB. $3 $6

No read on BB as I only have 20 hands on him which mean nothing. CO is 20/3/0.8 after 100 hands and is a chaser.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Is this complete ok or bad given the blind structure?

Flop: (3 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Standard 3 bet?

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

In bet/fold mode here

River: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Is he on a busted draw often enough here for my 3rd pair to be good?

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 12-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: JT line check from SB. $3 $6

You are getting 7:2 on the pf call oop against 2 opponents. I don't think it is a good enough amount to call with. The river you are getting 9:1 on and are probably good &gt; 12% of the time.

with no reads though, I am not so sure what I would do. I think its probably very close.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:49 AM

I usually fold this pf unless CO is like 60/4 and likes to call. Otherwise I play it the same.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:54 AM

Woah, I must be too loose PF. I would have played it the same and thought that the CO was sandbagging the river. I think this too much though and a river fold is probably better
Old 12-22-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woah, I must be too loose PF. I would have played it the same and thought that the CO was sandbagging the river. I think this too much though and a river fold is probably better

[/ QUOTE ]

JT is usually a fold in these spots here for me without either a looser CO or an extra player in. This time I was not concentrating enough before the pre-flop complete. In a 1:2 blind structure it is easy but probably not quite enough hand for the 1:3 structure.

Answering my own post now!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:01 PM

I think you are right stealthy, I don't think this hand plays well enough OOP against unknowns for you to call getting 3.5:1 in this spot.

True
Old 12-22-2005, 12:42 PM

He does not seem aggressive enough to 3 bet with a draw(.8) and even if he did , he catches a pair with q/a a lot of the time
Old 12-22-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He does not seem aggressive enough to 3 bet with a draw(.8) and even if he did , he catches a pair with q/a a lot of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

CO was not the one 3 betting, he called all the way til I checked to him on the river.

He had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and MHIG.