Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 08:05 PM

Default My Dilemma

Well, I think I have solved my personal dilemma regarding cash game PLO8 and PLO.

I didn't get many responses to my post, but I did get lots of reads. I think that means most posters know that I was probably writing more for myself and had to come to my own conclusions regarding aggression vs. trapping.

In the end, I asked myself if it was important to me to be the "best" player. If Omaha in any form was as dear to me as Stud.

While I have the drive, ambition and passion to want to be the best Stud player in the world, I don't have that same feeling about Omaha. I like it, I seem to do well grinding away and being happy with small wins. I don't have to prove myself to the world, nor even myself.

So perhaps with this in mind, I can someday work up to the $100 buy-in games, just sitting around nut peddling and getting some unlucky players to keep betting into me so that I can trap them later with a check-raise for the maxium amount. Yeah, I get off on that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My results are pretty consistant. I've been keeping track of all of my micro-blind sessions, and they are decent. Not great, but then, I'm not a great player, and I'm new, to boot.

I'm having fun online while being confined to the house, and I think I'll just continue to relax and let it take me where it will.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: My Dilemma

Sorry, my computer was broke, that was just me hitting refresh 200 times.
Omaha is the best game in the world. And the British showed the world how it should be played. Pot. Limit.
What makes it so great is so many players play it so badly yet cannot fathom why they play it badly. The aggressiveness of high limit games is like nothing else. Plus the fact that a fish can win 4 pots in a row really helps keep the gamblers about.
The reason most people play the game badly is they care about their bankroll too much.
I'm fine shoving a coin flip where there is a little amount of dead money in the pot. Betting $100 where long term I will win back $102. Most new omaha players don't do that, they just fold instead and wait for better odds. Yoyoing about is great fun and profitable. The table image you get from shoving, makes damn sure you get more shoves in future.

Here are some recent hand histories of me shoving:
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=102547
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=102323

These two hands below are pretty interesting, 2 hands in a row where i get KK, shove both times, on the check raise bluff I don't get called and on the check raise with the nuts I do get called ;-)
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=102395
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=102396
Old 08-12-2005, 02:23 PM

Default Re: My Dilemma

I like the hand histories on your site, better. The ones that give us an insight into what you are thinking every step of the way.

I enjoy reading about your play in the higher limit games. It is such a radically different type of poker than the micro-blind games.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]