Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Fair Poker is FRAUD - don\'t play there

I signed up with "Fair" Poker for $25 bonus (200 raked hands).

I started to play this morning and emailed the support this afternoon to check how many raked hands I had. I got an email from them saying I had 120 raked hands. I played for two more hours (2-3 tables with many, many raked pots). I emailed them again. They replied I had 120 raked hands. WHAT THE HELL? So I called them. They STILL insisted that I had 120 raked hands. I spoke to THREE fair poker support people. They all insisted that in TWO HOURS of multitabling, I had NO raked hands. They still say I have 120 raked hands. They STILL refuse to count two hours of playing 2-3 tables.

I am outraged. They are clearly FRAUDS. DO NOT PLAY AT FAIR POKER. They will not count your hands to make sure you don't get the bonus. Sick bastards make me wanna puke.

I will keep the forum posted on any other developments.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Maybe/Maybe Not

Perhaps they only download their hand data to their customer service reps once a day. If so, then the customer service reps do not have the latest data.

You may be jumping the gun.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Fair Poker is FRAUD - don\'t play there

all I can add is that recently Fair Poker appeared to change their bonus structure to count only contributed raked hands rather than dealt raked - this always seems to be a transitional problem for poker sites.

whether or not the bonus is still viable is up to each player. another iPoker skin (CDpoker) just switched to the same structure as Noble Poker's crowns system, so that site is shot too. I'm currently in the middle of the three Partner Page groups (Playgate, Diamond Club, Prestige) and they still have the old 25%/$100/10x deal running.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Maybe/Maybe Not

Not jumping the gun at all. They counted my other hands immediately.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:27 PM

Well well. "Fair" poker is changing their story a bit:

With respect to the second session for which they did not originally count ANY hands, their 'support' writes:

"Hello,my name is Temeca from the support team. I am happy to inform you that from the 3:25 pm on June 24 you played 223 games since this time, and generated 46 Raked Hands and 123 Marketing Raked Hands."

WTF is THAT? 46 RAKED hands and 123 MARKETING RAKED? Is this related to the transition you mention?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
46 RAKED hands and 123 MARKETING RAKED? Is this related to the transition you mention?

[/ QUOTE ]
very likely. I usually budget 1/3 dealt raked hands as contributed at full ring (1/2 dealt for 6-max) so those multiples sound about right. the terminology they use is obviously stupid, but at least you know the deal now.

I actually do remember doing one of the iPoker skins a while back where they released the bonus once I reached the correct number of "marketing raked" hands, meaning dealt.

actually, since they haven't formally changed their T&C yet to specify contributed raked hands, then you should argue that Marketing Raked should count towards the bonus.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:56 AM

I appreciate your response. I did contact them again and awaiting their reply.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:12 PM

After numerous emails, phone calls....etc., Fair Poker backs down:

"I'm happy to inform you that your first deposit bonus has just been credited to your account.

If you have questions or suggestions regarding Fair Poker please don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.

Regarding your email, kindly be advised that you are indeed correct. you have acclimated enough raked hands to receive our first deposit bonus and this was just credited to your account.

We do apologize for the confusion as just to clarify your bonus is calculated on regular raked hands."

I'm trying to cash out now. Will keep you posted on how that goes. If I have any "questions or suggestions" I should not hesitate to contact them! LOL
Old 06-25-2005, 01:24 PM

Was it really worth all the trouble of posting here, making all the emails etc? Especially for $25? Next time, relax and give the site a chance to get all their information. Many small sites don't even get back to you the same day. They are small. Give 'em a break.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2005, 02:45 PM

trying to cash out?

the $25?

that sounds like an awful big waste of time...