Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Reraise with A4o?

5/10 game, unknown opponent is UTG, and raises all in to 7.5. SB is TAG, BB is LAG.

I reraised with A4o from the button. Is this good? What is the minimum you are reraising with here?
Old 11-19-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Reraise with A4o?

I would fold in this situation. I'd 3-bet A9o+ or A8s+.

Rob
Old 11-19-2005, 04:57 PM

Just had a CO open raise all in for 10 in another 5/10 game and I 3-bet with K7s. How's this one?
Old 11-19-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just had a CO open raise all in for 10 in another 5/10 game and I 3-bet with K7s. How's this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a small favorite if he's doing it with any two cards (57/43). I don't think it's a particularly great idea to get in this habit all the time, unless you've got a great leash on the players behind you and you know they're stacking off. If he's doing this with as little as 60% of his hands you're effectively flipping a coin and hoping no one else behind you joins in.

Rob
Old 11-19-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5/10 game, unknown opponent is UTG, and raises all in to 7.5. SB is TAG, BB is LAG.

I reraised with A4o from the button. Is this good? What is the minimum you are reraising with here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too. If you kill the blinds with the raise you're getting almost 2-1 to go all-in with an ace against a mediocre hand range.

edit: Does your 3bet only complete the two-bet here? I forget how those rules work. I might fold if that's the case, youre never getting it HU then

Against two TAGs I like the K7s raise too. If you have one guy who's liable to call the 3bet pretty often the play sucks though.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:13 PM

i like the reraise if you can make it to 12.5. if you have to complete it to 10 im not a fan. most people go allin in that spot with any 2 cards and getting 2:1 with the likeliness of clearing out the blinds is enough to reraise imo.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
getting 2:1 with the likeliness of clearing out the blinds is enough to reraise imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a small favorite if he's doing it with any two cards (57/43). I don't think it's a particularly great idea to get in this habit all the time, unless you've got a great leash on the players behind you and you know they're stacking off. If he's doing this with as little as 60% of his hands you're effectively flipping a coin and hoping no one else behind you joins in.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Flipping a coin, but with layover from free blind money. If the blinds fold, I am basically paying 1 BB in a 2.5 BB pot in a coinflip situation. That means we I can still be a winner, even if I am slightly behind CO. If the blinds come along, then things change a bit, but I still have initiative, and a somewhat decent hand.