Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:56 PM

Default OT: Side Bet

Anybody want to make a side bet that not one of Irieguy's respondents will report a losing set of 1000 SnG's...PM me if interested...I take the "Don'ts"
Old 11-07-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: OT: Side Bet

I might consider it if you dropped the minimum to 500. It would essentially be an insurance policy against a losing set of 500, which a player with my ROI will have not infrequently.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:43 AM

I assume you're saying the wont report it because they would lie or decide not to report it after they lose but I dont think many people will do that, If I knew how many people are actually GOING to finish 1k sngs and at what level i might bet against you but i think that it is not unreasonable that the very few who do play 1k stts all win.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:49 AM

Not that I'm representative of others, but I volunteered and I won't be playing 1000.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:53 AM

It is very possible that everyone who plays a set of 1000 wins.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might consider it if you dropped the minimum to 500. It would essentially be an insurance policy against a losing set of 500, which a player with my ROI will have not infrequently.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dropping the minimum to 500 increases the chance that a winning player will actually have a losing set. You're hurting your odds if you do this.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dropping the minimum to 500 increases the chance that a winning player will actually have a losing set. You're hurting your odds if you do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe SFB has too many negatives in there for me to parse, but doesn't this help my odds of winning a potential side bet against him?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe SFB has too many negatives in there for me to parse, but doesn't this help my odds of winning a potential side bet against him?

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I read it the same way; I think splashpot read it a different way. Skipper wants to bet that none of the players will have a negative ROI. You're willing to bet that someone will have a negative ROI if the minimum is changed to 500. Decreasing the sample size does make it more likely that a winning player shows a loss.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I read it the same way; I think splashpot read it a different way. Skipper wants to bet that none of the players will have a negative ROI. You're willing to bet that someone will have a negative ROI if the minimum is changed to 500. Decreasing the sample size does make it more likely that a winning player shows a loss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will make my position more clear: I am willing to bet that nobody reports a loser; regardless of their sample size
Old 11-08-2005, 11:23 AM

Couldn't I sign up, take your bet, then lose marginally just win the bet?