Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 02:55 PM

Default 7 card stud

I played 45 minutes of 7 Card Stud last night, and came to the conclusion that I am probably unbeatable at this game.

If anyone wants to dispute this, I will be playing a 7stud SnG at 8pm EST tonight. I'm thinking 30/3. Please respond if you have interest.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: 7 card stud

I "played" one the other day. I was running continuously and accidently opened a stud game (no wonder it took so long for everyone to get seated). I decided I could try it out. I then quickly realized it was limit (as stud usually is I believe, I just didn't think about it at the time). Well... I don't do limit. And my time wasn't worth it to waste playing it. I figured I had a better chance of just sitting out into the money. So I just left the table and started up another NLHE game.

And that is my adventures with stud. $33 down the drain. -100% ROI / 0% ITM.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:05 PM

Wow, i would of at least pretended to myself i have a higher edge of cashing by playing it that just sitting out.

Of course id still fail, but i could at least say i failed with honour.

Phill
Old 07-11-2005, 03:16 PM

I could've opened another skin and played my other NLHE sng there. But I really had no interest in stud, let alone limit, so I figured it would've be 30-45 minutes of my time wasted when I could've been playing a game I'm profitable at. The oppurtunity cost was too high.

Now if it was at least pot limit, then I could have some fun with it.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:17 PM

Well that explains why PVS is unbeatable.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I "played" one the other day. I was running continuously and accidently opened a stud game (no wonder it took so long for everyone to get seated). I decided I could try it out. I then quickly realized it was limit (as stud usually is I believe, I just didn't think about it at the time). Well... I don't do limit. And my time wasn't worth it to waste playing it. I figured I had a better chance of just sitting out into the money. So I just left the table and started up another NLHE game.

And that is my adventures with stud. $33 down the drain. -100% ROI / 0% ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, that happens a lot. i was playing stud in jan for a change of pace, and at least every other game, someone would say taht they accidentaly sat in the wrong game. good times and very +Ev.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could've opened another skin and played my other NLHE sng there. But I really had no interest in stud, let alone limit, so I figured it would've be 30-45 minutes of my time wasted when I could've been playing a game I'm profitable at. The oppurtunity cost was too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your analysis of opportunity cost makes no sense. You were already registered for the stud tourney, so you are basically throwing away the buyin if you don't play. So you throw away $30 so that you can make on average maybe $10 worth of ROI in a NLHE tourney. Not very bright.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:11 PM

I enjoy 7 stud in the ring, but the two or three times I've played it in a tournament setting drove me crazy.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:14 PM

I sat down at a 3/6 table yesterday and was rolled up 3 times in 20 minutes. The one time I needed to river quads, I did. SHIP IT BATCHES!

If I'm free tonight, I will come claim the 7CS SNG title.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played 45 minutes of 7 Card Stud last night, and came to the conclusion that I am probably unbeatable at this game.

If anyone wants to dispute this, I will be playing a 7stud SnG at 8pm EST tonight. I'm thinking 30/3. Please respond if you have interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking the same thing. So I won't be there.