FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: .
Microbob 71 47.65%
J.A. Sucker 78 52.35%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Help me plan a \"No real money\" charity game

[ QUOTE ]
we would stagger them so one table started on the hour and the other table on the 1/2 hour. We would need a fast enough schedule to finish it in 55 minutes in time for the next group.

[/ QUOTE ]
No matter what schedule you use, a 10 person tourney still has ~half empty seats. Also, at these sorts of events I've worked at in the past, players wanted to get up when they choose, not sit till they bust. I vote ring game over tourney for these reasons. I think players will over-bet the pot, and bust too fast to be fun in NL, so I voted for ring limit. (This is assuming your goal is to ensure they have fun, not ensure they lose chips to eachother and have to rebuy.)

But RunnerRunner's right. It's not even close. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 07-12-2005, 04:06 PM

Yeah, you guys suck. 50% say Sit n' gos and 50% say ring games. Which would argue for one of each, but hardly anyone suggested that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 07:37 PM

[nit]$20 per hand at a full table? No costs other than a minimum wage dealer? Get me a license to rape stacks like that![/nit]
Old 07-12-2005, 10:49 PM

LMAO

Dealers are volunteers.

The tables were 8 handed when I seen them though hahaha
Old 07-13-2005, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$20 per hand at a full table? No costs other than a minimum wage dealer? Get me a license to rape stacks like that!

[/ QUOTE ]I guess. I mean, you're competing for tickets that can be used in a raffle. Toonces, what do you expect the monitary value of a "$1" chip will be? $0.20? Annorax, even if you're somehow able to pentuple-up over the course of the night, you're still gonna break even. If you go in knowing that your expected winnings are 9x your buyin, I guess you'll make some profit, but I think you'll be able to use those AMAZING poker skills elsewhere. I heard about some World Sequence of Poker, or something like that, going on in Vegas. Maybe you should give it a shot.

I think the best place to take-down the charity-raffle is at the BJ table. There's NO heat. We're talking 100:1 bet spread. Hell, you could probably say "Dealer, I'm just gonna watch for this hand." when the deck gets cold. Even with these advantages, I'm not sure you could overcome a 5:1 "$":$ ratio.
-Sam
Old 07-13-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you guys suck. 50% say Sit n' gos and 50% say ring games. Which would argue for one of each, but hardly anyone suggested that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I think taking the average of the poll responses and automatically using that in your Night is a little silly. (For instance, it might encourage you to spread two different games, which would be crazy.)

You might have to read the arguments above and evaluate the concepts on your own, making an informed decision based on ideas presented. Sorry about that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam