Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Made flush on the turn. River puts 4 to the flush.

[ QUOTE ]
First off, you don't know that SB will call.

BB might be bluffing here or betting a good but non-flush hand.
He was agressive the whole hand through.

It's true, while a bettor can bluff a caller cannot and you need a stronger hand to overcall.
But he might aswell just have a low spade or a strong not-flush hand and doesn't believe BB has him beat and/or just wants to show down his hand.

We have the third nuts here and there are a bunch of hands that could call that we beat.
The pot is huge, IMO it's for sure that we win more than 5% of the time (even if it weren't 0.05/0.10 where a call would be even easier).

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.
I was trying not to mention the fact that it was 0.05/0.10 as well, but it may have even more impact.

This board was fairly coordinated the whole way. The possibility of someone calling with two pair, a made straight and I wouldn't be surprised if sometimes only a K or Q will certainly make up the 5% you need.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:51 PM

True I forgot about the limit.

Maybe it is worth a call. I just have that feeling that you are overcalling here.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just to weak

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's that. That will change when you see AT and KK turned over in a spot like this and you killing your cat because you folded (save the pet, call).
Old 08-03-2005, 11:04 PM

Trips maybe but why would you call a bet on the river w a four flush on the board?. And A 10 is worse. I just don't understand it. Am I expecting too much of other players to know when to fold there hands?

I sure as hell wouldn't call a bet on that river if I had trips or a straight. Just doesn't make sense to me
Old 08-03-2005, 11:13 PM

No, you don't fold. You might find someone here with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Crying call.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I expecting too much of other players to know when to fold there hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the nanos: yes

Hero has the third nuts and has to win only 5 % of the time and that makes it a call for me.

There are a lot of scenarios where hero is ahead.

BB has something like QQ, makes a set on the turn, goes into tilt when realises that his set is worthless and decides to bluff against 4 players whit 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s on the board.

MP2 cant be bluffing but can be a beginning player whit something stupid like 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (yesturday a guy called me on the 6 max whit 7 high!)
If you think that MP2 has the first nuts or the second nuts, why is he not raising?!?

SB can have anythig.

I can come up whit a lot scenarios where hero is ahead. None of them are very likely, but they dont have to be, cause hero has to be ahead only 5 % of the time.

And furthermore when i was playing the 0.05/0.1, being on the position of SB i called allways whit 8-2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or straight or Kx or two pair or set .....
Old 08-04-2005, 07:33 AM

grunch

The pot's huge and only 2 cards in the deck beat you. I would never fold that for 1 bet.