Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: 10/20 single table video - edited

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've cut out steals with super-weak aces in the CO. I raise down to A5o/A4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The suitedness adds so much more value than the slightly higher kicker. I think the gap between suited and unsuited needs to be a bit larger. I raise down to A7o/A2s as my normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suitedness adds roughly 2% equity in a heads-up pot, which is quite common. An argument could be made for semibluffing potential, but since so few players fold pairs I like to actually make a hand. I am not currently comfortable raising the worst Axs on the co, but I may open up in the future.

Do others raise A2s/A3s first in on the CO?

Surf
Old 12-04-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've cut out steals with super-weak aces in the CO. I raise down to A5o/A4s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The suitedness adds so much more value than the slightly higher kicker. I think the gap between suited and unsuited needs to be a bit larger. I raise down to A7o/A2s as my normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suitedness adds roughly 2% equity in a heads-up pot, which is quite common. An argument could be made for semibluffing potential, but since so few players fold pairs I like to actually make a hand. I am not currently comfortable raising the worst Axs on the co, but I may open up in the future.

Do others raise A2s/A3s first in on the CO?

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Being suited also allows us to get to showdown more often, so realize more of the equity.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:35 PM

Looks pretty good to me.

Interested to hear your thinking on these two hands:

Maniac raises in the CO, super loosepassive coldcalls in the SB, you fold A4o. I would have called getting 5:1, and with a good chance of getting payed off if I hit.

23:30 AJ: Were you planning on raising the river? Then I like it.

I probably would have folded the Q7, that Stefan mentioned, unless I had some read on the guy (which you may have had, given that the call was good in this case).
Old 12-04-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maniac raises in the CO, super loosepassive coldcalls in the SB, you fold A4o. I would have called getting 5:1, and with a good chance of getting payed off if I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm likely going to have to showdown a hand 3way, so aside from rare 2pair/trips/straight flops i'm essentially playing a 1card hand b/c a pair of 4s isn't going to fare so well against these 2. Also, either one could potentially have me dominated, which would be expensive. It's close, though.

[ QUOTE ]

23:30 AJ: Were you planning on raising the river? Then I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This guy loooves to bet. I was going to let him do so for as long as possible before putting in a raise.

Surf
Old 12-04-2005, 07:21 PM

5 min in. The 68/40 guy raises MP...u have A5s in the sb. U are usually folding the best hand here.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:37 PM

first hand. kjs. i would 3bet the flop. maybe bb will fold ak. as is, i like the cap of course.

also, after thinking about it i would 3bet preflop.

ajo hand. i hate situations like this. its seems like they always have a pair. i often fold the turn given board texture but im not sure.

55 hand utg+1. utg limps. i wanna play this hand. i think limping or raising is fine.

a10o hand is interesting. i like the cap against the moron. i may check the turn bc i would hate to get blown off the hand.

25 in the bb. i would bet the flop and turn (since the deuce paired) and check behind.

kq hand. i would 3bet preflop. these guys are morons. lets make some dead money.

q7o hand in the sb. i generally fold here but against these morons it may be ok. i like the rest of the hand but would fold the riv if he bet. the turn kinda sucks but this player is aggro enough to have a large range here.

kq hand where you pick up a gutterball on the turn. i think this turn call is pretty easy. i may bluff the river depending on how good wynn is. if he is a decent player he will likely fold acehighs here since it is unlikely you will bluff into him and the moron. the moron adds legitamacy to your bet. pots very big too.

57o in the bb. i like this hand.

q8s hand. i like this hand too. i think capping the river is too much.

54o in the bb. i am calling pf.

a8o hand i like.

k8o hand i like.

310s in the bb. i think calling for 1 bet pf in the big blind in a 4way pot is +ev.

ak hand. there is not way i fold that river.

ajo hand. you hit an ace on the turn. i would raise here. this guys has gotten out of line with draws and this board is drawheavy.

k6 in the bb. i play it the same.

ak hand. i am waiting and raising the turn here.

k6o in the bb. i play it the same.

79s in the sb. lagtard raises, moron coldcalls and the bb is loose. i am interested if some would say to call here. ive been folding fwiw.

67s on a 455k (3 spade board). easy turn call getting 6:1 as i think your pair outs of often good here.

kq hand. you flop 2 pair and are cred. i am waiting and jacking the turn.

a5 hand. not sure about this turn fold since you have a flush draw + 2 outs to the nuts getting 11:1.

overall i couldnt find any huge holes or mistakes. you played tight and straightforward and that is definitely best against these yahoos. nice table selection btw.

for your hud i would suggest adding asb for sure. i use that a lot. i also have wsd% but i dont use it too much.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:02 PM

You open ATo in the CO. 67/45/3 maniac guy 3bets, you cap.

c/b/c
c/b/c
c/c

I don't see him ever folding the turn, so why bet it? Seems like it just gives him a chance to c/r.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:08 PM

i agree mouse. check the turn and call a bet bc he will often bluff when you show weakness.

if he checks the riv i value bet.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if he checks the riv i value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i miss these victor. i always wuss out. you think he calls any ace? how do you consider raise bluffs? what do you think his range is?

thanks.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:20 PM

KQ flopped 2 pair hand in SB. how come you don't lead the flop?