Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Asian Fugitive

[ QUOTE ]
come on dude, this is super weak. your pic adds nothing. now if you were to have photoshopped an asian guy's face over harrison ford's, you would have accomplished something.

OOT 101

[/ QUOTE ]
I had considered this, but the prospects of doing this at work were -EV overall. It would have been a rush job, not commensurate with my previous graphic offerings. My bad.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:50 AM

Dude,
you're asian. didn't you try to pull off the "ching chang no speekee engrish" thing? all the poachers pull that crap with the game wardens here in california.
alternatively, send some other asian guy there in your place. then, when he gets ID'd by the cop, have him bust out his ID proving that he's not you. maybe that'll put in a shadow of a doubt. we all look alike anyway, so there's a chance it will work.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude,
you're asian. didn't you try to pull off the "ching chang no speekee engrish" thing? all the poachers pull that crap with the game wardens here in california.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about that. However, one of the cops was Asian. And actually, they called for backup (!!) so there were 6 cops huddled around us at one point (OMGWTFLOL) and one of them said to the Asian cop, "What's going on, you're busting one of your own" and I said "I know right?" and I also said "Um I don't mean to be smart, but um, there's 6 of you here right now, what are you doing?" After that I figured I had said enough.

[ QUOTE ]

alternatively, send some other asian guy there in your place. then, when he gets ID'd by the cop, have him bust out his ID proving that he's not you. maybe that'll put in a shadow of a doubt. we all look alike anyway, so there's a chance it will work.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about that too. I think it sounds better in theory than practice though. No need to [censored] myself over twice.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:21 PM

They needed backup because you are Asian, and obviously know martial arts. Duh.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to do this on long plane rides when I didn't feel like talking to the person next to me.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to do this on long plane rides when I didn't feel like talking to the person next to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I do a pretty good deaf guy imitation, and have used it on multiple occasions when I didn't want to talk to some stranger who decided to strike up a conversation.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also said "Um I don't mean to be smart"

[/ QUOTE ]

True, you did not choose to be Asian...
Old 10-07-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at the airport terminal once and saw a rice-patty fever guy hitting on a bunch of asian chicks. when I found out I was seated next to him, I was about to pull the no speekee thing when he busted out in some chinese (probably asking me if I speak-I don't). already pissed off (two unfortunate river cards in a 20-40 um, canasta game just as I was leaving assured this) I just looked at him and said (in my best redneck twang) "that's [censored] pathetic, white boy". after an uncomfortable silence for a second or two, he turned away and I settled in for a quiet flight back to the bay area.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:32 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Dude,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I do a pretty good deaf guy imitation, and have used it on multiple occasions when I didn't want to talk to some stranger who decided to strike up a conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, me too! Only I actually am deaf. I also usually sit down, immediately put the iPod on, and just let it go.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, me too! Only I actually am deaf. I also usually sit down, immediately put the iPod on, and just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]