Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 04:07 PM

Default My 1st letter to Party Poker regarding PokerEdge

Sent to every PartyPoker email address I could find that seemed applicable. I will be following up on several fronts...

---------------------------

Dear Party Poker Representative,

I have recently become aware of a product called PokerEdge. It seems that PokerEdge has set up a commercial datamining operation in which they collect statistics on Party Poker players and then they sell the data to others. I went to the PokerEdge website and saw that they have a page that will tell me if they are tracking me. Indeed, when I plugged in my Party Poker user name, the PokerEdge webpage claimed that they are tracking my play!

I am very disturbed that companies are collecting detailed information about how I play poker at Party Poker and selling that information to other players. As a casual player, I view this as clear cheating. Indeed, it appears to me that Party Poker's Terms and Conditions specifically prohibit the use of player profiling software. PokerEdge is obviously profiling players on a massive scale.

To date, I have felt that Party Poker offers a fair, fun environment in which to play online poker. However, the proliferation of player profiling software and services, specifically player profiling on a commercial level such as PokerEdge, are a threat to fair online poker play. Such software and services hurt casual players such as myself as they are set up to help the hard core poker players strip as much money from me as possible in the quickest amount of time. Not only is this bad for me, I think it is bad for the online poker industry in the long term, and very bad for Party Poker as it appears PokerEdge specifically targets Party Poker customers. Casual players like me cannot possibly feel comfortable playing at a site when we know that our every play is being recorded by unscrupulous companies that collect and then sell that data to the person playing in the next seat.

Please do something to stop this cheating! I would like to see Party Poker take action against players they detect using such software, and I would like to see Party Poker take steps to foil the companies that are collecting this data.

I would also like for Party Poker to make clear, unambiguous statements that this type of software is against the rules. There seems to be much confusion about the status of programs like PokerEdge in the online poker community. Please make the effort the clear the issue for all customers.

Party Poker has been the best online poker site at which to play. I hope it remains that way.

Thank you for your attention

XXX[My Name]XXX
Old 07-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: My 1st letter to Party Poker regarding PokerEdge

Stupid fish. Hope to see you at my table!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:17 PM

nh Puerto
Old 07-09-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stupid fish. Hope to see you at my table!

[/ QUOTE ]

You can find me on the 1/2 6 Max tables as I'm clearing the MultiPoker $100 bonus. I'm on a huge rush and am up 200BB in about 1000 hands.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:26 PM

well done!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
You can find me on the 1/2 6 Max tables as I'm clearing the MultiPoker $100 bonus. I'm on a huge rush and am up 200BB in about 1000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only because PE is down. When they get this thing sorted out you'll be back to getting cheated out of your dough.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have an account on party poker as well? Multiple accounts on party skins... doesn't this also violate terms and conditions....
Old 07-09-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even fish win every once in awhile.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:11 PM

Good job.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:11 PM

You like being hated?