Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 03:16 PM

Default damn caller

SB is sLAG (33/18/2.5), BB is LPP (40/2/.5).

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero ???

I had planned to raise here, but with the BB calling I'm not so sure...
Old 05-16-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: damn caller

Raise the flop to see where you are at. Given the way the hand played I think I would fold the turn.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:37 PM

I raise the flop, and if all call i bet that T turn if checked to. If someone bets the turn, i fold. Anyone c/r the turn i fold. If everyone sees the river i check it through unless i catch a set, still prepared to fold to a bet. I hate hands like this. I just feel so obligated to bet that T on the turn so i can still pick up the pot right there and keep anyone from bluffing on the river, even though a lot of the time i'm miles behind.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:50 PM

Your hand is very vulnerable. I don't like waiting until the turn to raise. I raise the flop and follow up with a bet on the turn.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:21 PM

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to raise the flop but decided not to because I thought the turn card would drastically change the value of my hand. Any face card hurts and any baby helps--a lot. Maybe 77 is too poor for this play...

I also thought there was a decent chance SB would check his over-cards when he got two callers. If you're in his position, are you still betting AQ/AK type hands on the turn, into a pf raiser and two-bet caller (albeit a loose passive one)?