Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: College Advice.

[ QUOTE ]
I was a CS major for my freshman year and all of my CS major friends and I looked at calculus classes as GPA boosters that they didn't even have to go to.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely. math should be cake for you if you expect to make it. there is a lot of math in the major. i think i had to take 1 maybe 2 extra classes to get a math minor with my CS degree. buckle in sir.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: This is Why Scholarships Are BullSh**

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I don't want to go on insulting the original poster here. But, far too many students in SC and GA are on scholarship. They don't understand basic math, but yet they are top notch scholarship students?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you rather us do with the lottery money? This scholarship is giving people who would be serving fries at McDonalds the chance to get a degree, and hopefully do something better with their lives.

The lottery was set up in GA for this purpose. Not to give it to just the best and the brightest, but to let everyone who has shown to have at least the drive to get through high school with good grades the opportunity to continue their education. No one is getting a Rhode's Scholarship out of this deal, just tuition coverage at a public in-state university.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:38 PM

Drop the class. I've had hope all throughout college and it is essential that you keep it. Getting it back is a pain the arss. You are ony allotted a certain amount of hours for HOPE, but you will just have to pay out of pocket for your last 12 or so hours before you graduate. And for god sakes go to class. You don't want to screw your GPA up in your first two years, that is where you need to get it high and then just coast the rest of the way.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:41 PM

Maybe it would be a good thing if you did lose the scholarship. I paid my own way through school and that was all the motivation I needed to get my tuckus to class.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it would be a good thing if you did lose the scholarship. I paid my own way through school and that was all the motivation I needed to get my tuckus to class.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have proper motivation, but I tend to disagree with that on a broad level. I have seen scholarship students, and kids who are taking out loans and paying their way. The scholarship students seem much more likely to take everything seriously, and not screw up what has been given to them. The kids with loans think they have no one to dissapoint but themselves, and in some cases I have seen severe slacking and too much partying.