Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Interesting hand from the WSOP Circuit Night Event

$330 buy-in NLHE. 200+ entrants. $1200 chips to start. WSOP blind structure, but limits go up every 30 minutes. Here are the pertinent stacks and player info:

Seat 1: Me: (1800)
Seat 2: SB: (275)
Seat 3: BB: (1200)
Seat 4: xx
Seat 5: xx
Seat 6: Tourist (1700)
Seat 7: Worse Tourist (1000)

Info: SB is a piece of work. Discman, SportsJersey, Dark Glasses, Gold chain, bracelet that at first glance looks like it may be a poker tournament bracelet, but in fact is just a cheap piece of faux jewelry. He's ready for TV, and is one of the worst players I've ever seen. He just got aces cracked the hand before and I am 100% sure he is going to put all of his chips in this hand.

BB is a tournament regular that I know well. He is not very good, but doesn't do anything stupid. He knows the tourists can't play and that SB is going in with any 2. I will be able to tell what cards he has when he acts.

Tourist and Worse Tourist are in town on vacation. They are VP$IP well over 75% of the time, and they hate it when people raise.

Blinds: 50/100:

Folded to Tourist who limps. Worse Tourist limps. Folded to me. I have 5-2 and limp.

SB goes all-in for 275 total.

Tourist acts out of turn and calls.

Worse Tourist also acts out of turn and calls.

BB watches this, and reluctantly calls.

I push.

The push is pretty clear, but obviously things went better than I could have hoped after the SB went all-in. Still, I think I had enough information to predict the oppotunity to get to race for 1100 chips while risking only 275.

Would you limp here with the intention of over-pushing when it comes back around?

Irieguy