Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: I like Phil Hellmuth

Within the 1st 9 minutes of the show he gives crap to another player about asking to see his cards after he flashed him to the vilian in the hand, commnenting with, "Buddy, that's bad etiquitte to ask to see another player's cards, just go ask the other top 10 players in the world...."

The he goes apecaca over Quads, showboating to the table, "I didn't have much buddy, someone tell me the 2nd nuts, someone tell me..."

What a self-absorbed douche [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[.....I think he is underrated as a player and that his tantrums are hilarious, intentional, and good for the game of poker....

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO!!!

That's no more intentional than a dog choosing to piss on a fire hydrant [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 12:13 PM

IMO, Phil was right that it's bad etiquette to ask to see his hand. But it was equally bad etiquette for Phil to 'remind' Mr. KJ that his flopped broadway losing to runner-runner wasn't a bad beat because he was a dog when the money went in. And I'm pretty sure calling someone a donkey and saying they can't spell 'poker' is bad etiquette.

On another note: WHY THE HELL DOES THE OLD MAN SHOW PHIL THE ACES! I agree that it looked like the old man had the monster...but I'm almost sure there was some doubt in Phil's mind, until he saw the guy's hand. If anything, double-peek and muck face-down.

A great episode that IMO only exists because of Phil. We had Day 1a, Day 1b, Day 1b-PH, and Day 1c. I kinda hope Mikey gets equal time later. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 01:39 PM

Phil's opinion of himself has, unbelievably, gone down since last year. When he busted last year, he said if it weren't for luck, he'd win EVERY tournament. This year, he just said if it weren't for luck, he'd win MORE tournaments.

<check sarcasm meter before responding>
Old 10-19-2005, 01:52 PM

I like how, (after the loss to KJ), he walked around, seeking attention, trying to find a sympathetic ear to listen to his bad beat. He should have paid those guys in the hallway $2.50 to listen to his rant.

By the way, do you think his wife ever says to him, "What are you talking about? You were an underdog pre-flop? Don't push in with that garbage. Get over it."
Old 10-19-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All I know is that I really wanted to throw something at the screen all night.

How can you be mad at the KJ guy... who by the way ISNT A PROFESSIONAL for being hypocritical when phil points out the 5% edge on 99-JTs, and then whine to his (psychologist..classic) wife abuot the same edge later?

I mean, Im still pondering how he got his bracelets... I know I came on the poker scene after he got most of them (2002) but I havent yet seen him play world class poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK vs KJ has a slightly higher edge than 5%

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, yes it does, but not his AQ vs. 77.

try reading my post next time.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How can you be mad at the KJ guy... who by the way ISNT A PROFESSIONAL for being hypocritical when phil points out the 5% edge on 99-JTs, and then whine to his (psychologist..classic) wife abuot the same edge later?

I mean, Im still pondering how he got his bracelets... I know I came on the poker scene after he got most of them (2002) but I havent yet seen him play world class poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
These two situations are not analagous. Hellmuth didn't claim AQ losing to 77 was a bad beat like the guy who lst w/ JT to 99 did claim. He claimed it was a bad/crazy play. Your accusations of hypocrisy hold no water.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:09 PM

I'm just wondering if his wife knows they're married. Maybe she just thinks its a lifelong case study of a crazy man.

Btw, when he was winning all these bracelets, was he still acting like this? Or did this whiney brat image only come out later? Oh, and someone needs to show me how he played world class poker... the AK laydown asnt even that great, the old man shouted omnster.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:21 PM

I agree, but Phil doesn't, if you beleive all the ridiculous folds he brags about.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to put your chips in every time you think you're a 3-1 or 4-1 favorite. If you wait for better odds then that in hold'em you'll be waiting a long time. Someone almost always has outs even after you hit a big flop. All you can do is be happy when you get your money in with the best hand and then go to the bathroom and vomit when the 3 outer hits the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
These two situations are not analagous. Hellmuth didn't claim AQ losing to 77 was a bad beat like the guy who lst w/ JT to 99 did claim. He claimed it was a bad/crazy play. Your accusations of hypocrisy hold no water.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he did, he went and said to his wife, that bleeping maniac put all his chips in with 77.

while this doesnt come right out and say badbeat, what other type of hand do you complain about.

stop splitting hairs. The guy is a whiney, bitchy world class player.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes he did, he went and said to his wife, that bleeping maniac put all his chips in with 77.

while this doesnt come right out and say badbeat, what other type of hand do you complain about.

stop splitting hairs. The guy is a whiney, bitchy world class player.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Are you really pretending not to know the difference between a bad BEAT and a bad PLAY? "Why are we splitting hairs" between a bad beat and a bad play? uhhhh, cause they're not the same thing maybe?

Phil said Magriel made a terrible play with 77. He did not SAY, or IMPLY it was a bad beat because Phil knows the definition of bad beat. That would be: when you get the money in as a significant favorite only to lose the hand. He didn't get the money in as a significant favorite thus he knows it's not a bad beat, THUS it's not hypocrticial. Whiny? Bitchy? Ok, fine, who said otherwise. But not hypocritical. And you said it was hypocritical. Thus you were mistaken.