Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Hand ranges

Only relevant read is that CO is LAG, but that doesn't matter much since he gets all in on the flop.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $15.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO calls $9 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.73 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (17.73 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.73 BB
Old 11-07-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Hand ranges

turn and river look good. Id be worried about him c/r you after the guy is all-in on the flop, seems like you are drawing to two outs there a lot.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:26 AM

These types of hands leave me wondering...if I were a better player, would I fold the river? Or, would folding the river make me a better player? It's so hard to do anything but call getting 18:1, but I can't even figure out 1 hand that I'm ahead of or chopping with on the river.

Surf
Old 11-08-2005, 02:35 AM

You're definitely not chopping here.

I think you could see J9, JT, 97 here. I'm assuming that UTG is an unknown, so he could be a nut job. Also, AA through JJ are all possible.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These types of hands leave me wondering...if I were a better player, would I fold the river? Or, would folding the river make me a better player? It's so hard to do anything but call getting 18:1, but I can't even figure out 1 hand that I'm ahead of or chopping with on the river.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you read it a bit wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. We have nines full so it's not like any bigger pair wins now. That said it doesn't look too good, but I'm nearly sure it's a call without doing the math.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you read it a bit wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. We have nines full so it's not like any bigger pair wins now. That said it doesn't look too good, but I'm nearly sure it's a call without doing the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

whooops. Way to read the board, Surf! In the words of Guy McSucker: In my defense, I have no defense.

Surf
Old 11-08-2005, 04:40 AM

I think I generally click the raise button on the river and vomit all over the keyboard when he 3bets.

I am curious how often the guy will have QQ/KK/AA here, and didn't cap because he knew CO shorty would regardless.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:38 AM

I like the raise/ vomit line here.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:29 PM

I'm not sure if this is right or not, but i'm going to throw it out there and see what you guys think: If it's right to raise the river then it's right to cap when he 3 bets.

Basically I'm saying that I don't think his hand range changes dramatically and since we can't get 5 bet capping is better than calling the 3 bet IF raising the first bet is better than calling.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's right to raise the river then it's right to cap when he 3 bets.

Basically I'm saying that I don't think his hand range changes dramatically

[/ QUOTE ]

An idiot can bet the river with AT, AA, KK, but will probably not 3bet the river with these. I'm not saying that raising the river is correct (I can't decide). I's saying that his hand range does change.

Edited to add the quote.