Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Re: minus 581 bets.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I still have you beat.

[image][/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure something else isnt at play here? you're very clearly winning for 40k hands and then very clearly losing for 40k hands, its night and day.

or am i misreading it and you just switched to bigger stakes at one point?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:27 PM

I wasnt gonna say anything in this thread at first because I really didnt wanna get flamed. However, I find it very hard to believe that these 600BB downswings are due simple to varience. It wasnt too long ago that davidross made a similar post & was told by alot of people that it wasnt varience, that he simply wasnt playing good enough. How can you people not even consider questioning your play when you've dropped 600 bets?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt gonna say anything in this thread at first because I really didnt wanna get flamed. However, I find it very hard to believe that these 600BB downswings are due simple to varience. It wasnt too long ago that davidross made a similar post & was told by alot of people that it wasnt varience, that he simply wasnt playing good enough. How can you people not even consider questioning your play when you've dropped 600 bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

YOu seriously think im not questioning my play?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I still have you beat.

[image][/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure something else isnt at play here? you're very clearly winning for 40k hands and then very clearly losing for 40k hands, its night and day.

or am i misreading it and you just switched to bigger stakes at one point?

[/ QUOTE ]

ALmost all of the winning was in the 20. I then moved to the 30, but moved back to the 20 after starting to lose in the 30. THe majority of losing is in the 20 as well. I then moved back to the 10 and coninued to lose there too.

About a third of the way into the downswing was when the party split occured. So the change in games could have had some impact, but imo the party games were softer than the party/skin combined games, initially anyways.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the people who said that were people who had played David and saw first hand that he was making goofy plays, plays that he later defended as standard. My recollection of those threads was that he was pretty clearly not playing good poker.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:22 PM

i was just wondering if the some of the effects of the graph were a function of the BB y axis scale. ie if you started playing 30 60 and those BBs were worth more than the 20 40 bbs so it was off in that sense.

maybe youre playing carelessly? i never read the limit forums so i dont know anything about your game, but that did happen to me a while ago. i had been on a nice 35K stretch and just mailed it in for 20K hands, I was sort of logging on and expecting to win without really having to do much. this doesnt work.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rigged. It doesn't really help that the 50 and 100 aren't really that good of games that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're DERB.

He seems to have no problem crushing them, regardless of the lineup. I think he was up about 50-60k in the 50/100 the first week after the split - and it's not like he plays marathon sessions, that was only around 10k hands for that week.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:48 PM

The vertical axis counts number of BBs lost. So each time you lose a BB at whatever limit the vertical coordinate drops by one.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

consider yourself flamed.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

consider yourself flamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

NLSoldier himself said basically the same thing in pokerbob's 300 bb club thread, and it looks like he's agreeing with it here. flaming is unnecessary IMHO.