Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 01:51 PM

Default The Hero, The Villain and the Limp Reraiser

Party 2/4 10 handed

The Player OTB is a very good 2p2er. We play together often and are familiar with each other.

The Limp-reraiser is a 40/5/0.75 donkey

Hero is in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PREFLOP:
UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 caps, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

FLOP: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero...

Whats the plan here?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: The Hero, The Villain and the Limp Reraiser

Seems to me that if you check, the LRR will bet and the button would raise his overcards or pair to try to get HU with the bad player. You would then be getting ~8:1 on your 5-6 out draw.

If you bet, LRR will probably raise any holding he capped and face the button with the same decision you have in the first scenario. Difference is, he has to fear that you have AK or a big overpair and that he has only 3/4 outs.

I choose bet.

Of course, this asumes that you believe the LRR doesn't have a monster.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:18 PM

If button really is a good 2+2er, then he's probably as scared of the LRR as you are. UTG still has a low pfr, so her range is probably something like AA-KK, AKs-AQs. The button's range is much wider behind 2 limpers. I kind of feel like check/peeling the flop, and folding UI on turn.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:50 PM

Donkeys can make some seriously weird plays. Like limp/capping here with something like 77. I've seen it before, from players more passive than the one you're up against.

But...it's probably going to cost you a lot of bets to get anywhere near a showdown in this hand, and you aren't going to get too many additional bets out of your buddy at least if you hit your A or K on the turn and it's good. I'd check with the intention of calling 1 bet, folding otherwise.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:59 PM

umm.. no. more often than not, ur 5-6 outs are not clean in this case. so in that case you're actually NOT getting enough odds to call.

ppl dont usually re-raise with anything. esp with a player with 4% pfr. you can check/call the flop to 1 bet but must fold to a raise as your outs are NOT clean.