Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Play Against Raise/Reraise on Turn W Drawing Board and Pocket TT

I was unsure of play on the turn at the time. I had weak reads on either villain in the hand, new to table and nothing in PT, but my thought at the time was that both players seemed fishy.

BTW preflop I know I missed a raise, and just reading the hand now with the flop the way it came I coulda/shoulda reraised to see if villain in BB was serious and would cap.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero??
Old 12-28-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Play Against Raise/Reraise on Turn W Drawing Board and Pocket TT

I would checkraise the flop seeing how you called preflop. I'd 3-bet BB's raise. He can have a wekaer pair or OESD here. On the turn you can safely fold. The way CO played it its as if he was slowplaying a big hand.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:11 AM

Ouch. That's a a lot of action for your middle pair. If CO is a fish, he could've cold-called with 43s. Or maybe you're looking at a set that filled up on the turn. I can't see how you're ahead here. All you have is one not very big pair. I'd fold this.

Did you consider three-betting preflop?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would checkraise the flop seeing how you called preflop. I'd 3-bet BB's raise. He can have a wekaer pair or OESD here. On the turn you can safely fold. The way CO played it its as if he was slowplaying a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-28-2005, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a a lot of action for your middle pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, he has an overpair.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider three-betting preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BTW preflop I know I missed a raise,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-28-2005, 02:05 PM

I have a question about the decision that most people think you should have made pre-flop: 3-bet. Do people recommend this just because of the limit? Would people play at higher limits, say at 5/10?

I agree that it's the correct play here, since we can't limit the hands of MP3 or CO.

But at higher limits, the hands that seem most likely for our opponents are overcards (perhaps an overpair). If we give them a total of 3 overcards (for the times MP3 or CO plays with AT, KT and other random hands), then they'll hit one their cards ~46 % of the time on the flop. Since we don't have position, it makes it more difficult for us to tell when they've hit and missed, or when they've got an overpair. At a higher limit, I would err against the 3-bet.

Is this thinking right? Am I too passive?

And, if you wouldn't three-bet, what would you do? Call, a scope the scene on the turn?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's a a lot of action for your middle pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, he has an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad put on my part. I meant a middle pair as in "middle to big" pair (99-AA). I know he has an overpair to the board.