Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 07:26 AM

Default The Final Straw on a Bad Night!

This was just the end to a really bad night. Nothing was hitting for me and when it did; it was almost guaranteed that some lucky fish was going to hit his magic card to suck out on me. This was just the final straw that made me start steaming so I hung it up to try again tomorrow.

And I know that 99.9% of the time I want this little jerkoff in till the river but it doesn't make me feel any better since he just had to know he was totally dominated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fellow Sufferer 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds,</font> Call Call Call calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Call Call Call checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fellow Sufferer raises</font>, Call Call Call calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fellow Sufferer caps</font>, Call Call Call calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Call Call Call checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fellow Sufferer raises</font>, Call Call Call calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fellow Sufferer caps</font>, Call Call Call calls, Hero calls.

River: (22.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Call Call Call checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fellow Sufferer raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Call Call Call 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Fellow Sufferer calls, Call Call Call calls.

Final Pot: 34.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Call Call Call has 5d Td (flush, ten high).
Hero has Qh Kd (straight, king high).
Fellow Sufferer has Ks Qs (straight, king high).
Outcome: Call Call Call wins 34.75 BB. </font>
Old 12-20-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: The Final Straw on a Bad Night!

I would fold the flop since you have no redraws.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the flop since you have no redraws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure he does. He's got runner-runner-runner diamonds and runner-runner-runner hearts. It doesn't matter that either of these are to the nuts. Hitting either and losing makes the beat worse. Thus making the post in BB&amp;V more impactful.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 AM

Obviously you are either going to split or get runner runnered. Fold flop.