Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Commerce 20-40NL

[ QUOTE ]

i know this guy and if he had a naked five he would have led the flop trying to break AK.
and after a bet and raise i don't think he's coming with 3-4, so he must have a boat, and mine is the worst boat possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

great read. thanks for teasing all of us...i was half expecting to hear a story of how you pushed and he turned over quads. the "i know this guy" part is very important. i am curious what you would have done had you not known him?

also, is 8.5x BB common and does it always get 5 callers?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What would you have done had he just called? I think he played his hand really horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know honestly, even if he would of just called i would have tried to get to showdown without putting in another dime.

i mean what possible hands can he be colding calling with?
i know this guy and if he had a naked five he would have led the flop trying to break AK.
and after a bet and raise i don't think he's coming with 3-4, so he must have a boat, and mine is the worst boat possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I can buy you not raising, definitely. But there will then be $8k in the pot. Tough decision when he bets $5k on the river. Not saying you couldn't find a laywdown, just that it's much tougher - and you definitely will at least give him $1200 more on the turn.

My point wrt him was that if he thinks you are going to push w/ 22 and the other guy has AA, his move makes no sense. I feel like his line was the one which made it easiest for you to get away from your hand. Whereas if he really thinks you have 22 and will play it strong or the other guy has AA (and all the money will get in anyway), I don't see any reason for his raise.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point wrt him was that if he thinks you are going to push w/ 22 and the other guy has AA, his move makes no sense. I feel like his line was the one which made it easiest for you to get away from your hand. Whereas if he really thinks you have 22 and will play it strong or the other guy has AA (and all the money will get in anyway), I don't see any reason for his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point.
my only thought would be, he plays with me alot, knows i'm a good player, and probably thinks that it will look very suspect if he smooth calls.

however i agree that a stop and go probably would have worked the best.

but before i chastize him too much, i think its very hard to play quads.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
great read. thanks for teasing all of us...i was half expecting to hear a story of how you pushed and he turned over quads. the "i know this guy" part is very important. i am curious what you would have done had you not known him?

also, is 8.5x BB common and does it always get 5 callers?

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly i'm not sure what i do if i don't know him.
but i'll say this, i had the worst possible boat so i'm not looking to play a big pot when i bet there's a raise and then a reraise in front of me...

and yes 8.5xBB is a common raise in that game.
its a great game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]