Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Is eurosuck/pokerroom\'s rake schedule really this hideous?

The rake for 2/4 where I am clearing the bonus is 4.7BB/100, with RB + Bonus taken into consideration the rake is at 2.2BB/100 (this is 5max tables), FWIW Stars rake 6max at 2/4 is 2.6BB/100 with no bonus. Paradise 3/6 5max is 2.75BB/100 with no bonus.

This is a [censored] joke, add this to fact that i'm running [censored] horribly I'm quite pissed off.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
play some NO LIMIT there.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats good to here
Old 11-29-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't/won't play there without a bonus to clear or rb.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely a good idea, although I'm wondering if it's even worth it with a bonus to clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you play full ring, the rake schedule isn't going to hurt you, especially if you win a lot less pots than the average player. Since bonus clearing is directly proportional to rake, it is easy to determine your rakeback percentage for a bonus. For a 7x bonus, if you win 10% of hands at a 10-handed table, you get 100% rakeback. Since most of us here win a lot less than 10% of hands, you actually get > 100% rakeback at 7x. I win about 6-7% of pots, and I think I figured that any bonus up to about 11 or 12x points is 100% rakeback. So, rake 10c or $10 out of the pot, as long as you are getting 100% or more of it back, it doesn't hurt.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm paying about 6BB/100 in rake at their 5-max games at 3/6

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'm not accusing you of intentionally lying or being disengenious (I want to be clear about that), but are you sure? Perhaps you made an error somehow, punched a number in wrong when using a calculator... something. I know thier rake is insane for online poker (which is why I don't play there) but this seems too outrageous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be the first one to disagree with my rake paid numbers. I can show you the numbers I came up with if you want to PM me.

Also, consider the rake numbers at very low limits at party. I'm pretty sure at .5/1 6-max you pay approximately 7BB/100 in rake, and at 1/2 I think it's a bit less but still very high.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also working on this bonus on this horrible network's rake schedual. With the $600 bonus, I'm wondering what the net rake is. Has anyone worked this out?

But just to bitch some more about how bad it is there.. On pokerroomrake.com, it says that at $3-$6 is maxed at $3. It goes from a rake of $1.20 @ $30 (not bad), to $3.00 @ $35 (god awful). Most rooms rake more incrementally. For instance, PartyPooper takes out $1.50 @ $35 and $3.00 @ $60, with increments of $0.50 in between.

I probably won't be playing there after I clear the bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thaks alot for that site listing different rake structures. I hadn't seen that before and it is very, very informative to say the least.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:06 AM

I'd agree about the rake numbers at the lower limits on potty poker. I was making more from rakeback playing at those levels than I was from the game, especially 1/2.
However, I beat .5/1 for 4BB/100 in spite of the rake because it was so soft.

When thinking about Eurotrash and the hideous rake there these days, I think it is going to come down to trade offs.
I saw the softest $3/6 game I have witnessed online this weekend. There was something like a 62% VPIP and a relatively low avg pot. So it was loose and passive. Snuggly fuzzy cuddly soft. I have never seen anything like that in the 3/6 realm of Potty EVER.

So what you have to take into account is the beatablity of the games and balance that against the rake taking out the rakeback and bonus $. You may pay more to do it, but you beat the game for more than you would playing tighter tables and paying less rake. I bet there are only a very few players capable of accepting those tradeoffs.

Bottom line, I'm going to have to have a couple months time there before I can come to any conclusions. I suspect however, that the taking out rakeback, I'm going to be pretty satisfied that the new situation is worth my while, especially if I find the games to be consistently soft.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:49 AM

quiet you...
Old 11-29-2005, 05:44 AM

Just to add my two cents...I play short-handed mainly these days, but refuse to do so on this network, because the rake really is that bad.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to add my two cents...I play short-handed mainly these days, but refuse to do so on this network, because the rake really is that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

limit or NL?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you don't stray below 5/10, it shouldn't be a problem.