Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 09:40 AM

Default I was accused of cheating last night

I was 4 tabling 1/2 6max on Empire, in a mad dash to clear their January bonus. I wasn't paying too much attention to the chat, but I did happen to catch my screenname being mentioned a couple times. I scrolled up in the chat box, and saw that 2 guys were having a conversation, and agreed w/ each other, that me and another player were "talking on the phone while we were playing". They said they would turn me in, and both of the accusers left the table. My "co-conspirator" - who I obviously don't know, and to my knowledge have never played with before - never responsed to the accusation, and I chimed in late w/ some denials.

I'm not worried about this, since I'm innocent. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

BTW, I was killing the table, which is why they must have accused me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: I was accused of cheating last night

One time, I was in the BB with J-4o. The pot was huge before the flop (8 limpers or so). I paired the jack, so I bet out. Lots of callers, button raised. I called and everyone else stayed in. Turn doesn't help me, but again, this pot is huge. An ace is on the board now, and I know I'm in trouble, but I figure a two pair or trip jacks could win the pot. I was getting more than 10-1 to stay in, so I called to see the river. Wouldn't you know it? A 4 comes on the river giving me two pair. I check-raise the flop raiser and take down a HUGE pot. He shows his pocket Kings which he decided to slow-play pre-flop. OOPS. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

He goes on a tirade calling me a bot first. I chatted back at him. So then he calls me a fish for playing that B.S. hand to the river. I kindly explained to him the pot odds in relation to my odds of having the best hand. Then, he said I worked for PP because I KNEW that 4 was coming on the river. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Some people just can't stand losing with those high pocket pairs...oh well...being called a cheater was actually quite flattering. Yeah, I got lucky, but I was able to justify trying my luck at least!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:25 AM

sounds like you did in fact play the hand like a fish.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he calls me a fish

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I kindly explained to him the pot odds

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was able to justify trying my luck

[/ QUOTE ]

"Poker is a terrible game for those who compete primarily to earn the respect of their peers."

Educating villain here is good why?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he calls me a fish

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I kindly explained to him the pot odds

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was able to justify trying my luck

[/ QUOTE ]

"Poker is a terrible game for those who compete primarily to earn the respect of their peers."

Educating villain here is good why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoyed the stimulating chit-chat?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:48 AM

One time my father sat down on a table with me. I called him and asked him why he sat down at my table and he didnt even realize I was there, an example of how observant he is when he plays online.

Less then an hour later, as I am down about 30 BB and my father is down about 10 BB we got accused of cheating. How did our accuser come to this conclusion? I just won a small pot, our locations (the city that shows when you hover over a player) are the same, and there hadnt been one hand where we both saw a flop.

My stats from that table was like 6% VPIP and there was at least 2 other players on the table I never saw a flop with. So while weird it wasnt all that outrageous of an event, especially when we were both losing.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One time my father sat down on a table with me. I called him and asked him why he sat down at my table and he didnt even realize I was there, an example of how observant he is when he plays online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting you were cheating, but if someone would alert PP, that *would* look suspicous (avoiding each other's big hands is one way of colluding).
Old 01-19-2005, 10:44 AM

...he calls me a fish...I kindly explained to him the pot odds in relation to my odds of having the best hand...

Why on earth do you feel the need to boost your ego by explaining this to others (and educating the whole table as a result), instead of letting him think you are a fish?

Adde
Old 01-19-2005, 10:47 AM

I think the right response here is "I had a pair, what should I do? Fold???"
Old 01-19-2005, 11:01 AM

The right response was "glub glub".