Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Coached hand...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

I have a good tight image late in the session. Villian is loose passive preflop and a little passive postflop. My coach didn't like it. I don't know if I like it.

Krishan - 117
Old 10-05-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Coached hand...

coach wants a river fold? Or does he want a flop call.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:59 PM

I like it. Which postflop street don't you/you're coach like an why? There are TONS of draws that will cap this flop, and then they have top pair + the draw and you dont raise the turn, they value bet the river. seems standard.

WOAH. missed preflop somehow, now i dont like it. I'm gonna try to think of a better line.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it. Which postflop street don't you/you're coach like an why? There are TONS of draws that will cap this flop, and then they have top pair + the draw and you dont raise the turn, they value bet the river. seems standard.

WOAH. missed preflop somehow, now i dont like it. I'm gonna try to think of a better line.

[/ QUOTE ]

River fold. It's at least partly read based which makes it tough to comment on for you guys.

Krishan
Old 10-05-2005, 09:01 PM

Yeah a river fold is probably in order. The one thing i am confident about is that it's close enough not to make a huge difference, but i think i lean towards folding.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:07 PM

krishanleong,

Preflop: yeah

Flop: What does raising this flop accomplish? I know you didn't think button was going to fold and I doubt you have an equity edge on the flop. Considering I'm seeing the turn regardless of the action I like calling the flop and (hopefully) seeing a cheaper turn.

Turn: yeah

River: I find a fold against this opponent especially considering I'm not last to act.

___1___
Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 PM

I suggest a flop call and hope you can raise the turn and not put in any more. Pretty vain hope, though.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah a river fold is probably in order. The one thing i am confident about is that it's close enough not to make a huge difference, but i think i lean towards folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

-blake
Old 10-05-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest a flop call and hope you can raise the turn and not put in any more. Pretty vain hope, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise the turn fold to a 3bet no good since hero has a gutshot in a massive pot. plus a jack might be good
Old 10-06-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick. A turn raise is spewing.

I'm looking for a turn fold, but it's impossible to find getting 14.5:1 with 4 probable outs. I'm not really counting on the 8s or Js. Discounting those outs should offset the times we lose to QJs when an 8 comes and the times we lose to 88 when a jack comes.

Fold the river getting 16.5 to 1? Dunno about that. I've seen some strange things happen in big pots, and I'm sure your coach has too.

Without any major reads besides "slightly passive", I think I play the hand the same way you did and expect to lose it 90% of the time. But, at 16.5:1 a river call is +EV.