Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Flopped trips (again), worst turn card possible.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

The preflop call is questionable here, I know that. But since UTG limps I am hoping for at least 1 other call and that SB completes. If there is one raise I am thinking this could be a 3-4 player pot. You get the point. That's why I called and I am ready to call one raise.

Flop: (5.00 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Oh sweet.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Dammit. I did not want to see that K here.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Probably should have bet here but people have been check-raising me alot lately. I know, I should forget about that and play my normal game.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB.

Line check?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Flopped trips (again), worst turn card possible.

I think I would play it the same, except I bet the river for sure. He would bet a king here, so your hand is good a large majority of the time.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:43 PM

pf is g00t, flop is g00t, turn is g00t.

you + river*check^pansy = weaksauce. Value bet.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you + river*check^pansy = weaksauce. Value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yea [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 02:14 PM

*grunch*

I probably fold PF here, but I like your reasoning. Other than that, I like it, but I bet this river. If he has a king, that's his bad for not betting, not yours.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop call is questionable here, I know that. But since UTG limps I am hoping for at least 1 other call and that SB completes. If there is one raise I am thinking this could be a 3-4 player pot. You get the point. That's why I called and I am ready to call one raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the preflop limp second in the pot and in such an early position. If your position were better, or there were a limper in before you, I'd feel better about it. You should be very unhappy about the prospect of playing this hand in a 3-4 handed raised pot. Your hand doesn't do very well in that situation.

You've got to bet the river. Unless you have a very good read, fold if he got cute with a river check-raise.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your position were better, or there were a limper in before you, I'd feel better about it

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG limped.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there is one raise I am thinking this could be a 3-4 player pot. You get the point. That's why I called and I am ready to call one raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a good way of looking at it. By your logic I could play a ton of hands in ep, and say to myself, well there will probably be a few people in, and if they raise it will be a big pot, so I will have odds to draw out.

If you get raised, it may shut out the blinds, along with any other limpers who thought about coming in for 1 bet, but won't call 2. Now you are playing 9Ts against 3 people, 9Ts is to be played with lots of players, and for 1 bet. This was a bad limp. You can justify it all you want, but that will just make you think you can do it again next time. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 02:25 PM

The villan bet the turn like he had the K, but then he lets up on the river? If he had the K he would bet again on the river. He was probably trying to bluff you out of the pot with the turn bet. I'd bet the river, but fold to the c/r.

Did you two split the pot with 9's?
Old 12-09-2005, 06:04 PM

Good point. I need to do some thinking on this, but this table have been somewhat passive preflop, that's why I did my reasoning that way but on the other hand, with a passive table, why do I expect a 4 player pot if it get raised? Ok, im confusing myself now, I'll stop [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The river is a clear bet, I figured that out when I checked. Bleh, I know that I let a few earlier incidents matter in my check since I was check raised alot these days but I know, I should just stick to my game.

Villain showed AJ.