Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 06:14 PM

Default JJ - Missed value bet?

Villan: 36/13.3/1.41 Over 75hands.

Now i never used to 3bet JJ because well, i was a bit of a wuss... So in a effort to get PFR slightly up and as its for value i now do.

However its gets me into Sh*ty situations like this one. Now did i wimp out on a value bet? Or good "free showdown"?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 11-21-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: JJ - Missed value bet?

Nah, looks fine. Maybe bet the river.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:19 PM

i would check the turn through. that flop and action is very bad for your pair of jacks. his turn check is usually a scared QQ, or he wants to c/r you with AA, KK, TT, 99, or AK (if he possibly 3-bet the flop with it). otherwise, wtf does he have that makes betting good? AQ? AJ?

i wish you had more of a read over 75 hands, or was this datamined?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:21 PM

*grunch*
I can feel your pain with 3betting JJ preflop. I still do it, though. But I never feel too comfortable about it.
Villain caps preflop and 3bets the flop. He might be quite loose preflop. But his stats don't look like he's going overboard postflop. Therefore I'd put him on AA, KK, QQ, AK. That might be a bit too narrow. But without further evidence I wouldn't assume villain to cap with TT, AQ or KQs. Still you are behind most of his probable holdings and the K kills you a lot of times. I think you evaded a check-raise on the river.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:22 PM

I think this is fine. Your opponent is loose, but has a decent raising range. That should include a fairly decent capping range, which doesn't put you ahead of much. This may be QQ slowing down fearing that K. It could also be some other weird slowplay, but I think the turn bet and river check are good.

Check the turn, Call the river? Or let it go?

I was considering a turn check through, but i wondered if he's a wimp with QQ... maybe a TINY TINY TINY possiblility he'll drop it. If he didn't i thought i'd go for a free SD.

I think so. With a villan as loose as this I would put him on a suited ace or ace rag along with any pocket pair. He didn't check raise the turn so I think I would fire at the river. For what it is worth I don't reply to too many hands but I am tring to change that. So I could be way off! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, it is November the 21st at 5:24 pm and Michigan STILL sucks.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:25 PM

I think he has you in trouble here seeing as how he capped pf and 3bet the flop. The turn bet is tough, he may lay down his QQ, doubtful, but maybe, or he maybe looking to check raise you.

Good river check.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:32 PM

the turn is really a crappy spot. if we’re somehow good (ie. he has AJ or AQ (what else is there?), he has 7 outs with AJ and 3 outs with AQ. if he check raises, we must call with our gutshot/set outs.

what to do vs. a river bet is a good question – i would pay the man to see his cards.

as you played it, i agree with checking through on the river.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:14 AM

Hi guys,

I worded it to avoid biased at the fact i lost. Hopefully this meant your replys we're more open minded.

I lost to AA, guess he was scared i held KK.

Cheers.