Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 01:51 PM

Default No look

My mother has this game that she likes to choose when I play dealers choice with her and my aunts (we have to have family time somehow). Anyway, the game is structured in a manner where each player is dealt 7 cards, and cannot look at them. UTG turns over a cards, and bets or checkds based on the cards, and then it goes around the table, giving all other players a chance to bet. Then UTG+1 has to beat UTG's hand, and he bets or checks, followed by the rest of the table. Any ideas for ideal strategy in this wanton gambling game?
Old 07-31-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: No look

I enjoy this game on occasions, we play it spread limit in home games, calling it no peek. Frankly I like to build the ever loving hell out of the pot early and encourage others to stick around irrespective, betting the max/raising if the first card out by the first guy is crap, and punishing all others before it gets to me unless they make a strong hand like quick aces or a made hand. This game is typically no-fold 'em, so jam the pot early if it looks good and when you are made, try to catch up cheaply, and beat the hell out of everyone praying to outdraw a solid hand of yours. Also get out when the odds are against you. With so many cards exposed you should have a fair idea what your chances are.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: No look

The way we/I play this game is a little different. We call it night baseball. We play 3's and 9's wild, 4's are dealer choice either to give them back or not. If you turn over a 4 you get another card regardless if you get to keep the 4 or not. For shits a giggles if you turn a wild card up on your FIRST card you match the pot (cap at 5 bucks). We also use a double deck most of the time so it pretty much turns into a crap shoot. Our games are freindly and very loose (we are all high school buds getting away from our wives for a while on sundays), so it is hard for me not to value bet and make them pay for draws but for sure you can use it.