Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:29 AM

Default I\'m having some problems.

What's your default calling range for this hand? Villian just sat down at a Crypto $25 6-max no limit table, and I've no idea how the average 6-max$25nl player plays, apart from badly, myself included.

Hero has XX in the small blind 6 handed $26.50 behind
utg calls 25c ,$6
2 folds
button raise $1, $13
Hero calls
bb calls $8.50
utg calls

Flop ($4) is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets $2.75
BB calls $2.75
utg folds
button raises to $12 and is all-in.
Hero?
Old 11-14-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: I\'m having some problems.

i need at least TPTK to make this call (even that is a stretch). Anything better i call (AA, KK, 2pair, set, flush and open ended straight draw). Thats about it. Its a pretty easy fold for anything else. What is he pushing in with when he has a raise and a call in front of him. I dont know why u bet this flop out, btw, i dont care what ur hand is. You have 2 people behind u 2 act. If u have a strong hand that is vulnerable (bottom 2) then heck, 80% of time 1 of the other people will lead out into this giving u the chance to c/r and if ur hand is weak u want to keep this pot small.

Edit: You're also not closing the action which means that the guy behind u can call as well and u can be a huge dog to him if not the original bettor. I think that calling in the sb is going to cause trouble unless u have a huge hand or something like that. Too many possible problems with calling this all -in, unless u have a read on the guy, fold.