Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 02:15 PM

Default Classic hand. Guess MP3\'s hand

Too bad its from pacific. Im in the small blind with 86o I complete. (Please dont tell me I should have folded preflop.) Read on the table is passive. 6 callers to me. Like I said I complete. Flop comes 952 rainbow I check BB bets out 6 callers to me.I hit them with a C/R hopeing to freeze the fools up. Well low and behold here comes the straight on the turn 7 all fours suits out. What to do??????

Bet out they will come. Bet they will call!!!!! I bet out 5 callers. Turn pairs the 7. I bet 4 callers.

I show straight 5-9. Guy gets mad says that hand smelled awful fishy.

Can anyone guess what he had to show me from MP3?
Old 08-30-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Classic hand. Guess MP3\'s hand

Couldn't possibly be AA, could it?

They never raise with that hand, because it ALWAYS loses. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Not sure I like the C/R on the flop with just a gutshot -- free card plays are hard to get to work in the SB. Otherwise NH.

Rob
Old 08-30-2004, 02:26 PM

I complete, check-call the flop, check-raise the turn. why check-raise with a gutshot draw when you have beautiful relative position to the likely turn bettor.

I guess its AA given the topic's context.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:47 PM

I figured the C/R was good on the flop for a free card on the turn. Am I wrong about that? I knew no one was going to raise me. I would Hvae C/r the turn but i figured they would have just checked around if I check.

I usually dont play it this way. I would have folded preflop table was just to damn passive not to play it.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured the C/R was good on the flop for a free card on the turn. Am I wrong about that? I knew no one was going to raise me. I would Hvae C/r the turn but i figured they would have just checked around if I check.

I usually dont play it this way. I would have folded preflop table was just to damn passive not to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem with a C/R out of the SB is that you have to check first again. Sometimes passive players will check along, but usually with a field that large, one or two of them will still bet. You invest 2 SB's, tie yourself to the pot (a gutshot isn't that strong of a hand), and if you don't hit that miracle on the turn, you have to check -- and HOPE they check behind you (which some will, but in a field of 6 people, someone has a piece of this -- and they'll bet, because they're oblivious to the C/R potential).

I love the free card play when you have position, and have occasionally used it from the SB/BB, but it works significantly less often then.

Rob
Old 08-30-2004, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not likely to get a free card on the turn from SB position; five people will have to check the turn after you for this to work.

By raising the flop you trap everyone (5 callers) for one more small bet (i.e. 2.5 big bets). If you check raise the turn after just calling the flop (assuming the BB bets out again on the turn), you stand to gain 5 extra big bets if everyone calls. These are the shades of gray that really affect your win rate.

Of course, it would be a nightmare if the turn gets checked through... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nice hand.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:04 PM

Im serious everyone would have checked on the turn. I tried a C/R eariler. On the flop for a flush draw. Four to the flush. It got checked all the way around on the turn and the river. This table was PASSIVE I do mean PASSIVE.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:02 PM

MP# calls me a fish. He turns over Q's. Im thinking to myself. Fish? Hmmmmmmmm Your the guppie that let me stayin the pot casue you did not rasie preflop.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:24 PM

72o?