Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you have to bet that flop. letting a lone heart out draw you is a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how anybody with a heart is folding this flop; could you explain please?

[/ QUOTE ]

For example, tard in BB holds K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this about sums it up. what are you scared off? even if a flush is out there (unlikely), you get 2 cards to redraw... just raise raise raise here.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: turn action

Hero raises. No question. Charge the SB and BB two bets to call with their one-heart flush out. Slowplaying sets is death. You should have been more aggressive on the flop too.

ScottieK
Old 12-01-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how anybody with a heart is folding this flop; could you explain please?

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that is an all too common misunderstanding amongst new limit players is that they can/should make it incorrect for people to draw to a flush. A FLUSH IS ALWAYS CORRECT TO CALL, except in very special circumstances, like two pair or trips boards. You won't ever be able to manipulate the pot size to make it incorrect for a flush draw to call. In fact, it's often correct for flush draws to bet and raise on the flop! If they can bet and raise for value, how do you think you're going to get them to fold? You can't. You have to accept that. Instead, when you have the best hand, you have to get your money in when you have the best of it and hope either the flush doesn't hit or you fill up. Even if the flush draw is correct to call, you're still gaining money.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:20 PM

i played a hand like this yesterday.

i have KK in the small blind. K82[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] flop, i bet/3-bet and the button caps.

turn 9r. i bet/call.

river 2, so i gots teh boat. i bet. he calls.

he shows T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. wowowow. i guess the lesson is that people do stupid stuff on 1-suited flops (as well as when trips flop).
Old 12-01-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: turn action

[ QUOTE ]
For better or worse, I checked the flop. When the player to my right bets the turn, should I try to protect my hand with a raise, or hope for overcalls?

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

*grunch*

You need to bet/3-bet/cap this flop. Someone probably has has at least one heart, and there's a small chance that someone has two (less than 1 in 4). You have a ton of equity here, probably at least 50 percent. Jam as many bets as you can get in on the flop. Even if someone flopped the flush or makes it on the turn, you still have ten outs to fill up or make quads on the river.

On the turn. Given the way you played this hand you must raise here. Make the rest of the field pay to draw out. If he 3-bets just call. You DO NOT want overcalls here. If you just call you are giving great odds for people to call with a single heart.

If he just calls the turn lead the river if it isn't a heart. If he raises you are in a tough spot, but I would call. If he 3-bets the turn I would c/f the river UI. If the river is a heart, I think you can check and fold.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:33 PM

Bet the flop. If someone is calling you with an Ah, Kh then fine, let them take the chance at it or maybe they already have a made flush. That's a shot worth taking since you have outs to a full house and quads. But since you check... you MUST raise the turn! UTG sure as hell isn't slowplaying a flush here since the only flush I could see him slowplay when there is 3 more people in the pot is an ace high flush and I have a hard time seeing him with one. Ok, I don't know his stats so he may be one of those that always limps with Axs. So with A10s+ he would prolly raise preflop. You are safe here against him. Raise and if he 3-bets, cap the turn.

Nice river card.

I just wish you would bet the flop, sure it's scary but you must test the water. Other than that, nh.