Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group One - Two vs. Three
Clerks (3) 90 40.54%
Groundhog Day (2) 132 59.46%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: PSP vs Nintendo DS

you can already write your own carts for GBA games. I understand these play in the DS as well? I have a GBA cart full of NES roms and sweet GBA games. If someone can confirm that this will work on the DS, I'm buying one tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you can already write your own carts for GBA games. I understand these play in the DS as well? I have a GBA cart full of NES roms and sweet GBA games. If someone can confirm that this will work on the DS, I'm buying one tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's on a GBA cart, there's no reason it shouldn't work. DS won't play old school gameboy games from the gameboy color era on back.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GBA = ?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:27 AM

Gameboy Advance
Old 11-30-2005, 02:29 AM

the rom carts work very well, as I jerry-rigged one that has usb connection straight to my computer, and can load and unload them on the fly.

stay tuned, and if there is need I will try to program a wireless connection to do this via the DS's wireless capability.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:41 AM

Apparently you can flash the DS firmware to boot straight off of a GBA flashcart, butyou can't play *ahem* backups of your NDS games from a ROM cart? Seems odd, although NES roms alone can justify the purchase of a cart, I would like to play NDS titles from it as well. Either way, I am pretty sure I am gonna buy one of these this week.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:45 AM

I can look into it from a programmer standpoint if you want me to, but I never really got into trying to play DS games off of rom because I got them for so cheap.

NES and SNES games really do make the carts worth it. Who needs a book on a plane when you can run through FFIII? or see how fast you can beat Mario 3?

I am such a nerd.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:54 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

mario 3 is already available legally. ff3-j is getting remade in 3d for the ds, and ff4/5/6-j are getting remade for the gba.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:55 AM

no offense to the "hardcore" ff fans, but honestly, [censored] ff3-j, I want my inappropriately named ff3-us aka ff6.

I needs me some 3d terra.

btw, Im just now running through ff5... this game is damn amazing... final fantasy tactics-style job system.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:00 AM

I love nerdy stuff. What are you using for the SNES roms and is there a compatibility list? I remember on PocketSNES for GBA I could play like... R-Type with no sound or something. Fill me in here