Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 04:50 PM

Default quick checkup

I know this isn't a very interesting hand or anything, but it was one of those times where I wasn't sure what to do. The BB is 55/3/.5. Should I just try to get to a SD here.. or was the flop a good time to bail out?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB
Old 12-28-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: quick checkup

i'd play it the same way with a low aggression number...could be drawing virtually dead or could only have a couple of live outs

but I'm not sure if I'm any good
Old 12-28-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: quick checkup

[ QUOTE ]
The BB is 55/3/.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine against this guy, and it's 1/2. Against more aggressive opponents you need to start taking counter measures like calling and raising.