Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Empire is a graveyard

I think it's over for Empire. At midnight 2,500 players (allegedly)most of them on play money tables. It's a ghost town - hardly any cash games. I hope they honor those bonuses, because they haven't helped them any.

But they deserve it. They had no phone number and couldn't receive half their customer's e-mail.

After the split they should've sent e-mails to their regulars outlining their future plans. I mean, they shrivelled overnight literally without explanation.

On the other hand, Party is better than ever.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Empire is a graveyard

the stock has bounced almost 30 points in the last few weeks. I cant figure out why unless they are going to get bought out by someone or have a major merger among equals in the works.

The stock has been all over the place of late. Yesterday it had a huge range-today it's up again solidly: EOL.L

The stock was cut in half as I predicted from 185 to high 80's -dont have exact trading ranges here with limited UK data..but in the last 3 weeks has bounced off the lows.

It's either a great chance to short the stock again or something major is brewing. If you get short this dog and Party or someone else made a buy-out offer you would be screwed thu-haha.

Something is going on to bouy the stock becuase with the current condition of the Skin Network and the anemic action on Nobles' Network.. this stock is heading in one direction--->down.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:42 AM

I was surprised to see how bad it was myself. I logged on tonight to play a quick session of .5/1 or something to add a couple dollars to the free 25 they gave me so I didn't have to deposit to play in their 10K, and the games were just.. vacant.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:12 AM

The stock wont take a hit till they either make an announcement to the stock exchange or publish their next results, the prices bounced back due to sporting bets profits, I suspect the average stock market guy isnt logging in every night to see how many customers they have.

I dont see why anyone would take them over now unless they wanted noble poker Party has to my mind made the skins worthless.

This may explain the upsurge

888 came out and said growth is still good in the poker market which is possibly the reason for todays increase. SPorting bet up 6% on the day as well.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:23 AM

I think we're going to see a major shakeout of poker rooms in the next year. There is no way I'll put $$ into the small places.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:45 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

EMPIRE POKER
R.I.P. (read F*** Y**)
Old 11-02-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EMPIRE POKER
R.I.H. (read Rest in Hell)

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP, only wish I could make it to the funeral to piss on the grave.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:01 PM

That's close to the same number of players they've always been getting at midnight-ish since the split.

Right now: 7900 players.

1 table of 100/200
1 table of 50/100
1 table of 30/60
17 tables of 5/10 (12 of which are 6-max)
About 45 tables of .5/1 (many of which are 6-max)

Looks like there's SOME money and SOME players on there still as best I can tell.
Hardly a ghost-town compared with some other sites I play on.

Obviously all 7,900 of the players logged-on currently aren't empire's (some are euro, multi, intertops) but it sure looks like a decent room to me.

3-4 years ago it would have been difficult to predict that ANY room would regularly get 10k players during peak hours.

I find it hard to believe that a site with 8k+ players on during peak hours can't find a way to turn a profit.

Regarding their stock...I have no freaking idea as that I am clueless on such issues.
just saying that almost 8k players is HARDLY a ghost-town as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:50 PM

I think you vastly underestimate the profit margins that online poker sites have.

-g
Old 11-02-2005, 09:32 PM

Games are tight as ever on party