Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: How far have you driven in one shot?

Drove from Chicago to Vegas in the middle of winter. We thought we would be "smart" about it and take the southern route through texas, new mexico, and arizona to avoid all the snow. There was an ice storm from the texas/oklahoma border all the way to flagstaff. My driving buddy took my car off an embankment in texas. Fortunately, the car was fine and a texas dept of transportation truck came by shortly after and pulled us off the side of the hill we were stuck on. It took us 33 hours. In arizona, I was hallucinating and thought the reflectors on the side of the road where little people with backpacks. 33 hours doesn't seem like much, but we left after work, so we were awake for much longer.

On the way home, we said f' it and went through colorado, which is much more direct. It took 26 hours, even though it snowed all the way through the rockies.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:31 AM

8 feet.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:51 AM

A friend and I drove from Fallon, NV straight through to KC, KS. We were going to take it easy going from San Jose to KC, but his Bronco broke down at 1:30 AM Saturday in Fallon. Had to wait until Monday for shops to open and fix it since it needed to go on a lift. It absolutely sucked sleeping the rest of Friday night in the Bronco, then learning we would be spending the weekend in Fallon. Once we got on the road again, I realized how lucky we were, because just east of Fallon is a sign that says, "Eli - 330 miles." Not a whole lot of good places to break down between Fallon and Eli.

Anyways, losing the weekend put us behind so we had to drive straight through. I took the night shift, and started about 8pm on the western side of the Rockies. My friend took over around 9am in Kansas, and I was so hopped up on No Doz and sunflower seeds that I couldn't get to sleep until that afternoon.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:02 PM

White Salmon WA to Las Vegas, ~1100 miles 18-20 hours, then back three days later.