Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: 5-10 Atlantic City

the 6/12 lists don't move as fast as the other lists (e.g. 1-2NL), but they're always fairly short on the weekends. I've never really had much of a problem waiting less than 40 min (and usually MUCH less than that) for a 6/12 seat. Often times I'll just get on the list for 1-2, 2-5, and 6/12 and take whatever comes first, hoping to get into a 6/12 eventually.

As for the games not being 1 chip 2 chip (or 2/4 chip), the 6/12's are played mostly with red. Obviously, same goes for the 5/10, but I have found those to be tighter for reasons already stated. The 6/12's can be aggravating when the nits refuse to buy white (what? Is it not cool to have correct change?) and use cash. On the turn and river there is sometimes a lot of change-making which can slow the game somewhat. I play w/candycane stacks of alternating red/white just to make my actions faster.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM

Borgata has better looking people. Both rooms are very nice. On a weekend, I doubt there is much of a difference between the 2 games.

Borgata may have more games going, but I just like the room at the Trop. Kinda got a chill feel to it. No matter how nice the chairs, waitresses, chips ect. are at the Borgata, I still always feel like I'm stuck in a basement.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:52 PM

I'm fairly familiar with both poker rooms but are there any differences in the 6-12 game in particular between the two places such as style, pace, difficulty, types of players, etc?

I like the candy cane idea. Good call. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 04:18 PM

My experiences have been that if you play NL midday on a Sunday (for example), half the table sees the flop and then one guy bets out 4 times the pot on the flop and wins the 8 bucks and that's that. Ends up being extremely boring and unprofitable.

I've never seen this and I'm a frequent!