Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 11:37 PM

Default 10-20 NL at Bellagio

Have no reads on players because its my first round at the table. I have $2500 and Villain has me covered.

9-handed and I'm in MP. 3 limpers...I limp with KJ suited...Villain limps in cutoff...button makes it $80 to go and everyone calls except for the blinds.

Flop: ($430): A Q 10 suits don't matter...checked to me I bet 300...Villain calls and everyone else folds.

Turn: ($1030) 6 completing rainbow...I bet 600 (should I be betting more here...?) and Villain calls without hesitation.

River: ($2230) Ace...this is obviously the worst possible river...I have about 1500 left and he covers....what's my move?
Old 08-16-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: 10-20 NL at Bellagio

potting the flop and the turn makes this hand impossible to play wrong.

fim
Old 08-16-2005, 11:52 PM

Semi-blocking bet of another 600, then fold to a push??? Yuck. Can you fold for 900 more in a pot that would then be 5200? FWIW, I like a turn CR in this situation. As it played, you seem pot committed unless you check the river (and call a reasonable bet, which unfortunately could be your stack.) That is probably the cheapest line when you are beat.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:41 AM

all in and i dont think its close
Old 08-17-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you put the villian on in this hand?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I put villain on AQ, A10, AJ, and 1010 (although I think he would probably raise a set on the flop)....only one of which I beat on the river. I guess we could also throw in KQ if he's really bad...but he definitely wouldn't call an all in with that hand. He might call with AJ but I'm not really sure.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Firmly in this camp

[ QUOTE ]
Semi-blocking bet of another 600, then fold to a push???

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 08-17-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I put villain on AQ, A10, AJ, and 1010 (although I think he would probably raise a set on the flop)....only one of which I beat on the river. I guess we could also throw in KQ if he's really bad...but he definitely wouldn't call an all in with that hand. He might call with AJ but I'm not really sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was asking Kagame... I seen this hand and it was one of those to me "either you are way ahead or way behind". I have a feeling he is thinking Ax where x is not paired on the board.

Personally I can not put him on AQ, AT, or TT... I just can not see him being so passive on a draw heavy board with top two or a set with a straight possible. If he had AQ, AT or TT I would expect a big RR on the turn. But with everyone limping and flat calling the raise, Ax where x is not paired on the board is much more likely, him thinking that it is going to be a split pot with AAAQT and is just calling looking for a cheap showdown or looking to blast you on a river check to steal the pot.

*EDIT* BTW I like the AI push on the river too...
Old 08-17-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seen this hand and it was one of those to me "either you are way ahead or way behind"

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao at the most over/misused phrase on 2+2. How in the hell is this a way ahead/behind situation? After all the cards are out? LOL Flop? Turn??
Old 08-17-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seen this hand and it was one of those to me "either you are way ahead or way behind"

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao at the most over/misused phrase on 2+2. How in the hell is this a way ahead/behind situation? After all the cards are out? LOL Flop? Turn??

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river, which is what he is asking about... He is way ahead of everytihng but AQ, AT or TT, if the villian was "solw playing" him with AQ, AT, or TT he is way behind...

Flop... WAY ahead, Turn WAY ahead... River... humm likely WAY ahead still, but could be WAY behind to a lucky slow play.