Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 10:34 PM

Default should I convert from sngs to MTT\'s?

Hello MTT forum. Right now I 2 table (5$ sng's), and I have a ROI of about 25%. Do you guys think that there is more money to be made in MTT's or that I could achieve a higher ROI%?

Thanks alot guys
Old 12-29-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: should I convert from sngs to MTT\'s?

your stats are irrelevant because you listed no sample size and you are playing the lowest level SNG's there are, that also have a 20% vig

however, many strong sng players have moved very successfully to playing MTTs...the variance is much greater but the profit potential is obscene

gl
Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 PM

MTT's are a different beast with really high variance... Meaning even the best players will go on big droughts. My suggestion would be to play both, I always advise to supplement your MTT play with something lower variance.. Playing primarily MTT's, though possible, can lead to big downswings that most people aren't prepared for.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:23 PM

really? wow this is really interesting. So you think I should find tune my MTT game on low stakes buy-ins and still mix it up with my usual sng's? Is it a far assumption to say that the MTT's are more profitable than the SNG's?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello MTT forum. Right now I 2 table (5$ sng's), and I have a ROI of about 25%. Do you guys think that there is more money to be made in MTT's or that I could achieve a higher ROI%?

Thanks alot guys

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be one tabling the 10s (if this is Party) and pay half the rake instead of playing 2 5's.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:32 PM

Acutally I play the PS game. Ty for your insights though. Hopefully I will be moving up to the 10$ game soon. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]