Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Flopped flush + Open Ended Straight flush draw,

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

UTG+2 ($24.75)
MP1 ($20.38)
MP2 ($25.25)
MP3 ($24.05)
CO ($19)
Button ($26.9)
SB ($23.87)
BB ($54.3)
UTG ($25)
Hero ($45.2)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, UTG+2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.75, UTG+2 calls $1.75.

Flop: ($8.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 calls $22.75 (All-In), MP3 folds, SB calls $21.87 (All-In)

Hero....?

I only have 5 hands on UTG+2 thus I really had no idea what his all in was representing. I know some people make this move with 2 pair or trips to chase out someone with the A.

I have about 50 hands with MP3, but up to this point he has done nothing that stands out. He's played a couple of hands, nothing to showdown.
So, unfortunately There are no reads.

I know people will say fold preflop, I was too early to call this bet. And, my response is the ever lame "i was going to leave when the blinds hit me so I called what I figure'd was my last playable hand"

After the flop I was a bit skittish, not because of the first all in, but because of the call. To this point tonight I had lost two flush over flush's.

Is this an easy call with 1) allready having a flush and 2) having an open ended straight flush?

(also, MP3 debated for a long time and eventually folded. Later said he had QQ with the Q of diamonds).
Old 03-07-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Flopped flush + Open Ended Straight flush draw,

I would call. You're getting 2.5:1 for your money with a made hand that is both vulnerable and a draw to the nuts. If it turns out someone else has a bigger flush or draws out on you, just brush it off and leave the table like you had planned.

Did you make your straight flush?
Old 03-07-2005, 01:42 AM

call with the quickness..

and PF isn't really too bad. you don't really have the implied odds, but having another caller helps.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:57 AM

I don't have it in me to lay down that kind of draw with money in the pot. Call.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:23 AM

Easy call.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:25 AM

Easy call??? What's so easy about it, the fact that he flopped a flush, the fact that he has a OESF, or the fact that this pot was raised PF?
Old 03-07-2005, 04:43 AM

I would throw this one away easier then 72o preflop. The fact that SB called with ridiculous potodds is a clear sign to at least me he has a higher flush. The slim chance he has hit a set of kings may make a call possible but I would only do that with a strong read that he would call such a bet with the possible flush out there.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would throw this one away easier then 72o preflop. The fact that SB called with ridiculous potodds is a clear sign to at least me he has a higher flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

... or Adxx, KJo, or anything else that he'd see a flop with.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:54 AM

He did have to pay to see the flop as he was first to call the $2 raise which is a substantial raise when the big blind is $0.25. Would you call that with KJo? Ofcourse, you have the occasional maniac table but he had no reads so why take the risk?
Old 03-07-2005, 05:08 AM

Why ask what I would do? I'm not playing his hand. If he knew not to be going broke with KJo there then he wouldn't be playing PP NL25 either.