Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

As long as the guy is reall a donk i challenge him to a variety of heads up no limit, limit, pot limit, spread limit, freezouts of every game imaginable. Then when i'm done i'll eat him.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would smile, walk over, shake his hand, and wish him good luck. I'd show him what it's like to be a gentleman. Never understimate the power of a good example. Even if it doesn't change his behavior, I won't have to make a post about how I told somebody to go f*ck himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 11-12-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tell him the Jerkstore called and they're running out of stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Who cares? You're their best seller!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? Well I had sex with your wife!

[/ QUOTE ]

uuhhh, his wife is in a coma [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 09:49 PM

My favorite thing about confrontations like this is, when they occasionaly come to blows the slap to punch ratio is normally through the roof
Old 11-12-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those types of incidents are the reason I have not been inside two B&M rooms in a year, although they are only twenty minutes away. Poker today, has attracted all kinds of scum.

[/ QUOTE ]
I posted a thead about this yesterday, it did not get much interest but the few times I have been to the local card room there was an incident every single time (none involving me). These incidents are more than enough to get a lot of players to walk out and never come back.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:52 PM

Default The Ultimate Retalliation to Unsportsmanlike Behavior

If this were a ring game, the correct strategy is the following:

Assuming you have some gas, you can "brew" up a good "out". Once you feel the gas filling your stomach, and the flatulence is ready.. grab your chips (assuming your enemy didn't take them all), walk towards the cage, but take the route that involves walking by him. Pause and wish the table good luck right when your back is to the victim. As you are saying good luck, push with all of your might and unload your weapon of mass destruction. If he accuses you of anything, deny everything. Act like you have absolutely no idea what he is talking about. Remind the table that "he who smelt it dealt it". You can even pretend that you are NOW starting to smell it and you are just as offended by the smell as him. If he physically attacks you, the "eye in the sky" will see you saying farewell to the table, then all of a sudden this mad man attacking you while your back is turned to him. This is a complete freeroll. Always eat a high fiber meal before you go to B+M card rooms so you can execute this tactic.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Retalliation to Unsportsmanlike Behavior

[ QUOTE ]
If this were a ring game, the correct strategy is the following:

Assuming you have some gas, you can "brew" up a good "out". Once you feel the gas filling your stomach, and the flatulence is ready.. grab your chips (assuming your enemy didn't take them all), walk towards the cage, but take the route that involves walking by him. Pause and wish the table good luck right when your back is to the victim. As you are saying good luck, push with all of your might and unload your weapon of mass destruction. If he accuses you of anything, deny everything. Act like you have absolutely no idea what he is talking about. Remind the table that "he who smelt it dealt it". You can even pretend that you are NOW starting to smell it and you are just as offended by the smell as him. If he physically attacks you, the "eye in the sky" will see you saying farewell to the table, then all of a sudden this mad man attacking you while your back is turned to him. This is a complete freeroll. Always eat a high fiber meal before you go to B+M card rooms so you can execute this tactic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you run the risk of sharting?

Old 11-12-2005, 11:31 PM

you could always say:

"Stand up please, I want to kick you in the nuts"

Then do so.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't want to take Andy Fox's approach or the silent approach I mentioned in response, try this. Look right in his eye with your best "Al Pacino at the end of the first Godfather look" and walk away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one. And the gun is hidden in which cubicle again?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:52 PM

I like the "go f yourself" but yelling insults when he said he wants to kick your ass was over the line. I'm not going to let some [censored] piss in my cheerios. He was rude, you were ruder and he decided to escalate it again.

Simply stand there and wait for him to jump. Have a bemused expression on your face. He's not about to hit you. People that are going to hit you don't tell you so.