Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Dr. Z\'s Top Ten Recievers

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why dont' you do a quick comparison of the Badger o line and quality of opponents and compare it to the Bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

All right I did. What are you trying to say, that you've decided your losman comment wasn't good and that maybe the o-line would be better to blame. You're wrong, you're losman comment is valid, certainly as much as your o-line point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, maybe you/I misunderstood. I'm just saying that an average college QB (Sorgi) is better than a sub-par QB in the NFL (Losman) because the relative difference between pro teams is much, much smaller. *if* Losman develops, Evans will be great. But to say that Sorgi wasn't good and Evans was doesn't mean that Losman can be not good and Evans can.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:43 PM

no sweat
Old 09-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Dr. Z comments: "So you really thought I'd seriously ranked T.O. and Randy down near the bottom of the pack, huh? Of course they're one and two, in whichever order you prefer. I was just having fun, just trying to get people jacked up."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...oss/index.html

And I like Dr. Z. He has a unique style of commentary, and I enjoy reading the opinions of someone who is truly obsessed with the game and also who doesn't just accept conventional "wisdom."
Old 09-24-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reggie Wayne is good, but shouldn't crack any ones top 10, and probably doesn't crack my top 20

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're either blind or retarded, I'm not sure which.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's happening to Reggie Wayne is what happened to Peerless Price. Peerless was the number two reciever on teh Bills when Moulds was on of the best WR in the NFL no teams could afford to double him, so his stats were inflated because he was and still is to a degree a very good number two reciever. Reggie Wayne cannot crack my top 10 because I cannot judge if he will be better than other guys untill he becomes a number one reciever and times start treating him accordingly. If you look at the top 10 or 20 how many number two recievers are there? Not too many.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:34 PM

Yeah, fantasy football has really warped people's minds on these type of debates.
A top 10 fantasy WR doesn't necessarily mean a top 10 WR.