Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 PM

Default turns NF, river heart kills action

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) converter

MP ($172)
CO ($190.35)
Button ($37.55)
SB ($260.95)
Hero ($196)
UTG ($246.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, CO calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($13) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP folds, CO calls $10.

Turn: ($33) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $28</font>, Hero calls $14.

River: ($89) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $75</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: $164

This one is probably boring and should be fairly quick, but just need to check as I don't get a chance to post much here.

Turn - I realize now that I should have bet more here, but I was afraid of scaring villian off. Go 2/3 pot or so? After his raise, should I have 3-bet there??

River - do I try for a check to induce a bluff here and then pop him if he does?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: turns NF, river heart kills action

[ QUOTE ]
Turn - I realize now that I should have bet more here, but I was afraid of scaring villian off. Go 2/3 pot or so? After his raise, should I have 3-bet there??

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it yourself. You didn't bet enough on the turn.

He called you on the flop. If he has a weak pair, a bad king, or a straight draw, you're not going to win a big pot anyway.

However, if he has two pair, Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] +pair (really would have to be KQ), a set, or low flush, he will play a big pot. or atleast call, and see a riv.

So... I bet 24.

Given he minraised, you jsut have to hope he has a small flush or so, or maybe a weird semibluff (such as the Kx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) get some money in. If a 4th heart or board pairing it could be tough to get money (or win the hand!)

You semibluffed the flop, technically (until you 3bet) your hand is disguised, I'd make it 65 when it comes back to me. (once he minraises)

if you bet more, you make him commit more to the pot, meaning you dont need to necessarily 3bet.

River, cant do much else, maybe be t small to allow a small flush to call and 2nd nuts to raise.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:31 PM

I like checking this turn, to induce bluffs and keep my flush "hidden". I play exactly the same way with TPTK so it's hard to know if I got it or not. Obviously this river sucks for that kind of play but hard to get around that problem with any line
Old 11-08-2005, 05:12 PM

YOu should reraise the turn 100% of the time I think. make it around $75, maybe more.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:42 PM

I would at least consider raising preflop to 20 or so. Definitely bet 25 on the turn and if he raises big, push. If he min-raises make it 100. The way it was played, 3-bet him to whatever amount you need that you think he'll have to call an all in on the river
Old 11-08-2005, 06:07 PM

I bet more on the turn, 20 or so. And definitely 3-bet his raise.

River bet good, but maybe bet a little less. Definitely no need to induce a bluff because he certainly will check with a low heart or a set. Might valuebet the Q though. But its a good chance the queen will call your bet anyway.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would at least consider raising preflop to 20 or so. Definitely bet 25 on the turn and if he raises big, push. If he min-raises make it 100. The way it was played, 3-bet him to whatever amount you need that you think he'll have to call an all in on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, most of the time I would pop this up PF, but in this case I think I had just sat down and wanted to get a feel for the table so I just called here.

I agree I blew it on the turn... next time!