Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Ace-Nine offsuit 3 handed

Party $33. First hand of 3 handed

Hero 1120t
SB 720t after posting 200t
BB 5560t after posting 400t

Hero dealt Ace-Nine offsuit and pushed. BB had not been raising much or calling with any 2 card when we were 4 handed and he was getting decent pot odds. SB had Pushed majority of past 5 hands or so. Should I have let him push to see if he got knocked out to move up to second? I was thinking I would most likely steal and be able to call his push next hand and still be in decent shape if I lost that one. BB ended up calling (semi bad beat) but I was mainly wondering how many people push here why/why not.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Ace-Nine offsuit 3 handed

I would push here because your stack isn't in that great shape either especially after the blinds pass you and if the SB folds then you are gaurenteed to have a showdown with him when he is BB and if you lose that you are pretty much out.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:06 PM

I think I'd push. You just can't necessarily count on waiting the SB out -- after all, all he needs is one lucky doubleup, and all the sudden you are real pissed off at mucking your A9, a pretty strong hang 3 handed. You have less than 3BB and are about to be in the BB. This is officially the last hand that you have fold equity (although not too much).

I think it's a good push.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:19 PM

I have a question, say SB calls

There is 2440 in the pot and BB has to call 720 more.

So he has to put 720 to win 3160 (if my addition is correct), here he getting about 4.5 to 1.

My question is, what is the minimum that BB would call with.

Also, remember that if hero wins he has about 40% of chips in play so he has a good shot to win. So BB cannot call with complete junk.

BRB, going to run in through pokerstove.

Ok, here are the figures:

Hero: A9 (30%)
SB: ATo+/KTo+/QTo+/JTo+/22+ (40%)
BB: 22+/A7o+/K8o+/Q8o+/J8o+/T8o+/98o+/97s/87s/86s76s/65s (30%)

Hmm. So am I correct to assume that if sb calls with this range, and if BB has something like T8o he should call because it's +EV?