Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Boo-Yah!

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.5 (hand converter)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

i suppose i could have brought it in for a full bet... this will hurt me later. i was hoping seat 6 would complete... he'd been doing it a lot, and i'd been limp-reraising him a lot, too.

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

well, i got my raise in, but it's pretty clear that i totally gave away my hand. shoulda brought it in for a full bet...

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

huh. okay, i'll raise. maybe shoulda gone for overcalls instead at this point... could this get any better?

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

yup. steel wheel, baby!

River

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

don't believe that i got called... that's 1/2 for you. of course, i scooped and got a full round of NHs.

It's been a while... i've hit two of these playing omaha/8, but never stud/8 before. just had to share. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] -oh and a funny/maybe karmic thing: this was the last hand i needed to clear the COMPBONUS. sweeeeeeet. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Boo-Yah!

nh.

Ive gotten two of these before. The second time the only thing that was said was my opponent saying, "bullshit". I had a good laugh about that one.

Aicirt
Old 04-27-2005, 09:07 AM

You are such a fish. Im going to pwn you when I get to Washington. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] nh buddy.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im going to pwn you

[/ QUOTE ]

Please leave this pwn free forum free of such baloney! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this pwn free forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this going to be in the Stud sticky post? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 12:32 PM

Ni han.

I'm not entirely sold on the raise on fourth street. You are behind for low, and three hearts are out. It should also let your opponents know that you're on a heart draw, which would kill your action when you hit if they're paying attention. That's a pretty big if, so the raise is probably still OK.

You might want to go for over-calls on fifth. I would want seat 1 to fold a low draw, though, if that's what he's on, so that I could increase my scoop chances. Other than that, uh, yeah, bet the rest of the way.

I had a steel wheel in clubs in the first five cards in a $4/8 stud/8 game a couple of years ago. My lone opponent bet into me on sixth....
Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 PM

I felt that there were several reasons to go ahead and raise on fourth, the first being the two way value of my hand- even if i didn't make the flush, i did hold an ace and a very good three card low with some straight potential... also, i felt it was important to get my money in now, to try to tie people on to the pot if i hit, and maybe get a free card on fifth if it didn't hit me... (a hold 'em play that rarely works in stud because of the ever-changing position)

it would have been a more effictive play if i had completed in stead of just bringing in on third, hopefully marking myself with a big pair, then i would've called on fourth and went nuts on the big bet streets. it's intresting to observe how a small error can be compounded over the course of a hand.

i am pretty sure that going for overcalls would have been best, it was kind of a knee-jerk raise. i suppose it only cost me one bet, but that becomes more and more important at the higher limits that i'm dabbling in- now that i've cleared the bonuses, it's 3/6 for the rest of the month. i'll post some hands.

BTW, i noticed something the other day while bonuswhoring: 4 tabling stud is HARD. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] (i can 10-table omaha/8 no prob, but stud? no way i'm even doing four again for a while...)