Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 04:33 PM

Default My PT total and my party account balance dont match.

I should prolly be posting this over in the PT forums, but since I never post there and this place gets much more activity and im sure many of you here know the reason, im asking here.

I'll use todays session for my example. According to the party stats I played 894 hands, my account balance is $203 lower than when I started. But in poker tracker, it has me playing 894 hands, but says I only lost $109. I never paid that much attention before, but ive really been keeping track of my sessions lately and im noticing they never match up. Whats the story here? Im not paranoid party is ripping me off somehow or anything, but it is pretty annoying if PT has all the wrong totals for my game. Being off by this much is pretty signiicant.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: My PT total and my party account balance dont match.

This can often be a result of hands the where the software disconnects you not making a HH file. This can happen even if you reconnect in time to take your action. Is your connection always solid?
Old 09-16-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This can often be a result of hands the where the software disconnects you not making a HH file. This can happen even if you reconnect in time to take your action. Is your connection always solid?

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent been dropped or had a disconnect while playing when ive noticed this. Also, wouldnt that cause there do be a discrepency between the hands party said I played, and the hands PT said I played? They match up perfectly here
Old 09-16-2005, 04:46 PM

It is indeed signifigant. I noticed this a while back and right now I keep track of both. After about 150k hands there is about a $1800 difference between my PT winnings and my current account balances including withdrawls. I'd say maybe $350 of that could be credited towards tournament buy-ins. Of course this means my individual sessions are all off since I only use PT to track those.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:52 PM

You should definitely go over to the PT support boards to get a solid answer to your problem. That being said I have this problem sometimes as well. Usually I check my PT installation folder and it will have a .txt file that contains import errors on certain Hand Histories. A pain in the butt but if you manually request those specific error hand #'s and re-import into PT it has resolved my $ balance discrepency. So PT may know you played a specific hand # but if there was an error when the HH was written to your hard disk it may not have the correct net win/loss on that hand for your $ balance. Check with Pat and the forums at PT and check for these error files too.

HTH,
ninjageek
Old 09-16-2005, 05:54 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

e-mail Pat. support@pokertracker.com. I'm really curious what comes out of this
Old 09-16-2005, 05:58 PM

Not sure if this is it, but I think the hand history is only saved if you are at the table until the end of a hand. Let's say you post a blind, fold it and then leave the table before the hand ends, your pokertracker stats probably won't take into consideration the fact that you just lost a blind or whatever other amount you had in the pot.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:23 AM

The wierd thing is the amount of hands matches.
In preferences do you have my day starts at midnight EST? (I have always assumed that this is where Party begins their total hands played for the day, unless they adjust for everyones time zone)
Old 09-17-2005, 04:20 AM

I track my Party results carefully using both account balances and PT. I am very careful not to close tables before a hand completes and I request HHs whenever a PT import shows a bad hand or I suspect a disconnect.

I do not see discrepencies except when a HH was lost and could not be recovered.

[ QUOTE ]
According to the party stats I played 894 hands, ... But in poker tracker, it has me playing 894 hands

[/ QUOTE ]
The likely problem is that the Party stats frequently miss hands. Tonight for instance my PT dollar results exactly match my account balance change. But PT says I played four more hands than Party counted.

It is very likely that you are missing hands in PT. Did you get error messages when you imported? If you autoimport perhaps you should manually reimport tonight's play and see what happens.

PS: No doubt this does not apply to you, but there is an infamous bug with $2/$4 table 'Crash "N Burn' (sic). Hard drive HH's don't work because Windows won't make a file with a double-quote character in the name.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In preferences do you have my day starts at midnight EST? (I have always assumed that this is where Party begins their total hands played for the day, unless they adjust for everyones time zone)

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope, stats only reset when you login to your account. Time is irrelevant.